Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
1) The printer doesn't work. When I first installed APEx, I set it up without a printer, if there were any steps that required a printer setup. All I know is that the printer is plugged into APEx and it doesn't print. No settings I can find any AP or APEx apps, or under printers, have remedied this.

2) Sometimes while playing music, it'll just stop streaming. A few seconds later, it might go back on its own; sometimes I have to click play/pause a few times in iTunes for it to kick back in; sometimes it doesn't kick back in despite my efforts, and I just have to wait for 10, 30 minutes until it decides it'll comply again.

3) Sometimes it just won't see anything (the range will be at 0), and the internet and speakers won't work. This is strange because at these times the actual cable modem still works, and sometimes restarting the computer, or putting it into sleep mode and then back out, will fix things. Other times, just wait around for 10, 30 minutes until it decides to comply again.

All the described things happen with the laptop being about 6 feet from the APEx, which itself is mounted nicely and cleanly on a blank wall. There is no moving around, or any high internet loads, or any high computing loads, while these glitches occur.

It's a great thing when it works, but utterly frustrating when it doesn't... which is a couple of times a week - very annoying.

diamond geezer

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2004
What signal strength are you getting, have you confirmed that your Airport card's antennae cable is plugged in properly?

What model printer do you have? Do you know that the printer is Airport compatible?

Have you tried calling Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.