Build 6C106

MacAnonymous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2001
It's available for download at the ADC.

If you're a member.

This is the first time they are letting any member (except Student, I'm guessing) download Jaguar.

Bartman

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
Re: Build 6C106

Originally posted by MacAnonymous
It's available for download at the ADC.

If you're a member.

This is the first time they are letting any member (except Student, I'm guessing) download Jaguar.
hmm, one word...

NOT! :mad:

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
so who will download it? i'm just a student i guess because i can't find where to download it...

but if one of you's gets it... let me know ;)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Wait

Originally posted by whfsdude
I'm not sure, I think you will still have to erase your hard drive :( That is to install the official release :)
On all of the builds I've seen so far you have the option to upgrade, archive or erase and install. I don't see why they shouldn't keep that in the final version.

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
Re: Re: Re: Wait

Originally posted by Rower_CPU

On all of the builds I've seen so far you have the option to upgrade, archive or erase and install. I don't see why they shouldn't keep that in the final version.
You can't upgrade. It's an option that won't work. Trust me I did it and got an error on startup. Yeah but to upload to the GM version you have to delete jaguar betas :(

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: Wait...

Originally posted by MacAztec
You have an account? The ones you pay like 1000 bucks for???
You're kidding arn't you?!?!?!?!
;)

I just wanna know so I can keep checking up on info I need about Java.
:)

HyperliteG4

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Southern California
how do i get a copy of it? I don't wanna pay a stinkin 1000 bucks for it and I am having the worst luck on carracho finding it

[Admin Warning: please don't ask for pirated software on these forums]

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
It takes FOREVER!!!!!! to install. It takes like an hour to do an upgrade. I just installed the previous version three days ago!!!

I hope that there are some changes to it, like maybe info on how to configure PPTP and IPSec!!! Maybe more info on Kerberos configuration, although Kerberos is now working great for me!

How about iCal, or iTunes that works over Rendezvous!

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by peterjhill
It takes FOREVER!!!!!! to install. It takes like an hour to do an upgrade. I just installed the previous version three days ago!!!

I hope that there are some changes to it, like maybe info on how to configure PPTP and IPSec!!! Maybe more info on Kerberos configuration, although Kerberos is now working great for me!

How about iCal, or iTunes that works over Rendezvous!
iCal does not ship with 10.2... it is to be a free download along with iSync so it would not be in the build.

Steve said himself that the copy of iTunes for Rendezvous is at least 6 months away.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
peterjhill-
Install time for me ~ 30 min on a Rev A TiBook 400...

icetraxxg5-
If minimize in place is your biggest issue with this build, then Apple is in great shape. Wasn't in an older build?

JonD

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
I just downloaded my copy... but I haven't got the time to install it tonight. All previous versions of the beta have upgraded fine on my machine, although I did get an error at startup once, but I just re-upgraded and everything works fine.

I've seen a very good progression in the recent builds... especially from 87 to 98, and I'm thinking 106 will be even better.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Hemingray
Uhh... okay guys, what's the deal. I just logged into ADC and checked it out, and I see no traces of 10.2 anywhere.
Did you pay for ADC access or are you a freebee user because it is only available at a cost.

mmcneil

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
So lets here the impressions!!

How is it better? What's there? What's missing? I'm a glutton for punishment :cool:

I am hoping to upgrade to a TiBook and get 10.2 for free, but it will be hard to wait:(

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen

Did you pay for ADC access or are you a freebee user because it is only available at a cost.
Me? Pay? Heh... heheh.... Yeah, I kinda figured it was like that. Oh well.

"Freebee user"? You're being too nice... I thought my type were called "leeches". :D I WOULD contribute, but as yet I don't know the first thing about developing, so, um... I can't. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.