Build your own Rogers price plan. My ideas + yours! Also, screen protectors...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoboCop001, Jul 13, 2008.

1. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Hey everyone.

I've been looking around the web and forums for the best kind of screen protector. InvisibleShield looks good, so does BodyGuardz and finally I also looked at PowerSupport. Not sure if I'll want to cover the whole thing, but definitely the screen.

Some of them are applied as is, but some require a solution, right?

What are the pros and cons, and which one is, in the end, the best?

Now, about those plans...

I'm considering getting an iPhone from Rogers. I won't be getting one of their "great iPhone plans" though, I'll be making up my own. I'm thinking... Unlimited Incoming $30 plan + 6GB option. I might even go with a $25 My5 plan. I've calculated that at the cheapest, I can get the total after taxes and hidden fees to be $83. Not that bad, and way more value than the crappy iPhone plans. Read below for more.

For those curious, here's my plans I'm considering. Maybe it'll help someone out, or get someone to give me some advice for something I haven't considered. From cheapest to highest, they are....
    $25 My5 unlimited talk and text for 5 numbers, and 150 Day minutes + 1000 Evenings/Weekends
    $30 for 6GB of data
    $11 Communicate Package (not sure if it's still available though, but I can carry it over from my current plan) Voicemail (non visual, but I don't care) 125 text messages and CallerID
    $6.95 System Access Fee
    $0.50 911 fee
    Total after taxes: $83.00

$30 for Unlimited Incoming Calls and 150 Day minutes + Unlimited Evenings/Weekends
    $30 for 6GB of data
    $11 Communicate Package (not sure if it's still available though, but I can carry it over from my current plan) Voicemail (non visual, but I don't care) 125 text messages and CallerID
    $6.95 System Access Fee
    $0.50 911 fee.
    Total after taxes: $88.65

Now if I really wanted Visual VoiceMail (or if they didn't let me bring over my $11 communicate package for some stupid reason), it would increase by $4, the highest price being around $93/month with the $15 iPhone value plan instead.

I think the best deal would be the $30 Unlimited Incoming plan because it would probably save me a few dollars in the end, though I probably wouldn't go over the 150 from the My5 for calls outside of the My5 list. But I do receive more calls than I make, so the $30 plan might be a bit better in the end. Haven't decided yet.

Also, Rogers seems to have said something about a $15/month basic talk and text plan. Does anyone know anything about that yet?

What are your build-a-plan ideas? :D

2. jroy99 macrumors newbie

Would the 6GB Data, a basic voice plan, and adding just unlimited texting work?

3. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you mean would it work for me, or would Rogers let you do that? I'm not sure if they even offer unlimited texting.

For me, it wouldn't work because I'd go over the minutes for any basic voice plan.

As for Rogers letting you do that, I'm guessing there must be a basic voice plan that's even cheaper. But the lowest voice plan they have is $25.

However, there's talk of that $15 basic voice plan. But no one seems to know anything about it.