Bullied 68yo Bus Monitor To Receive $520k+ In Donation Money For Dream Vacation.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Jun 21, 2012.

1. Prof., Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

2. mcrain, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

All because of a viral video... there are far worse sob stories out there that don't have hilarious viral videos that might result in dream vacations. Oh well, I hope she enjoys the vacation (and pays her taxes).

3. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

those kids are just some cowardly tiny pieces of *****. If just one person stood up to them, theyd pee their pants.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

But kids today are all school-yard lawyers, especially the nasty ones.

What social engineers have crafted, has came home to roost.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Those kids are ... kids.

It takes many, many years for people to mature. Some never do.

Next time the monitor needs to hold the camera, so he/she can show the administration and parents what is going on and the kids can get a lesson about proper behavior.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What's hilarious about that video?:confused:

7. 184550 Guest

Not any kids I ever grew up around. :rolleyes:

Rather scary if you think that's normal behavior for middle schoolers.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

So is it your contention that if these children were examined that we'd find them to be abnormal?

I'd love to see the results of those tests.

9. 184550 Guest

It's just disgusting that you're willing to write off their behavior as 'normal'.

I hope you didn't have children.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

OK, you euthanized them, and I'll get my scalpel. :D

11. citizenzen, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

citizenzen macrumors 65816

I hope you can find some solace over the fact that I'm 51 years old and have never had kids.

I think the problem here is that you think that by "normal" I mean "acceptable".

When I was a young boy I occasionally visited with cousins who would often say disrespectful things to adults. So this is nothing new. There are just more devices to record these incidences.

However, in both my cousins' case and in the case of these recent abusive children, I fully support punishment and a good lesson in proper behavior.

I hope that disgusts you just a little bit less. Vomit backed up in one's throat can be so uncomfortable.

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

If I ever caught my kid (that I don't have) doing that their ass would be black and blue and they'd be doing yard work for free for the summer for the person they tormented.

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And if they threaten to go to law, dial for them, then hand them the phone.

I hope that they appreciate their foster-home somewhat better.

:p

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Vacation? With this money, she never has to ride that bus for the measly $15K or whatever it was again.

15. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

It probably is normal for kids who lack discipline, likely from the parents. I used to ride the bus but nothing like this ever happened.

I hope she keeps all that money and never rides that bus again.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We were complete *******s on our bus. Not specifically directed at anyone in particular though like in this video. During the middle of winter we used to play freeze out by putting all the bus windows down at the same time, that really pissed the drivers off.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

This is no different then when people are together in a group. Individually they wouldn't say something but in a group of buddies the asshat part of them comes out. Im sure reflecting they are some what sorry, as much as they can be for a 7th grader but my money is that they are more sorry about getting caught then the act itself. The downside of technology and dumb stuff like posting it online.

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This I can believe.

But it isn't anything new. Kids have been misled by asshats and done stupid stuff since time began.

It's just that today we can more easily record the misdeeds.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We don't need to more and more of them record themselves going full retard then post it on the net for attention.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yet that is exactly where we seem to be headed.

Let me know when you find the solution for it.

21. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Maybe it's just as well you don't have children if you think assaulting them and using them as forced labour is going to create a "normal" adult.

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

punishment isn't meant to create a normal person but to understand your actions have consequences

23. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I'm not denying that what happened to that lady was truly horrendous, and that those kids aren't little ****** heads... But she just isn't the right person for the job. They need TOUGH staff to deal with kids, not staff who will let themselves get walked over. At my school they have some really good staff. And one of the reasons that they're good is because they don't take any ****. They're tough. I mean, you **** your pants thinking "oh crap, what did I do wrong?" if some of the teachers at my school look at you the wrong way! I think it was a fault on the part of the school administration, putting this lady in this position... I mean, if she lets these kids get away with what the stuff in the video how the hell is she going to stop them from doing ANYTHING? These 12 yr olds think they can get away with too much because they've discovered they can walk all over their bus monitor - They need to be slammed into place by a real hardarse.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I see you're not an American, out side America it's a whole other ball game but here, the kids have the power. Adults can't do much in terms of discipline cause everyone in this country is sue happy.

25. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

So it's true "In America you can sue pretty much anyone for pretty much anything?"