Bumper Lifting the Edges of my BodyGuardz Film

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kaidoy021, Jul 28, 2010.

1. kaidoy021 macrumors member

If you have a bodyguardz film on your Iphone 4, beware that the bumper will lift up the film from the sides and ruin the film.

2. tekm macrumors newbie

I've had a bodyguardz film and a bumper on my phone for over a month and encountered no such problem. There is no "lifting" anywhere.
    Did you put on the bumper immediately or not too long after you installed the film? If thats the case then I can easily see the film lifting up since the pressure applied by the bumper is probably enough to lift a moist film.

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I had the same problem with my bodyguardz and I waited at least 48 hrs after I installed the bodyguardz before I put on my bumper. I've since switched to SGP on the front and bodyguardz on the back and I'm not putting the bumper back on.

4. kaidoy021 thread starter macrumors member

yes, I had the film on for a month before I got my bumper. It's annoying that I have to constantly push back down the edges when it lifts. I've also notice if your phone gets hot, the film gets soft and can lift at the edges too.

I think I'll gonna try the powersupport films. Hopefully they won't lift since its a more sturdy film.

5. maniacphoner macrumors regular

My friends and I have the SGP Steinheil film and we love it. It has the silicone adhesion; therefore, it does not produce any bubbles or "bumps." :)

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The film will be pushed up on both ends in MOST cases. iFrogz, IS, BodyGuardz and even the Incipio film have ALL failed my test. iFrogz has agreed to replace their screen protectors and explained that their cases are being re-manufactured to allow for their screen protectors to fit THEIR OWN CASES! Their customer service SUCKS, b/c it's been over a month and I've not received the coupon or credit as they had promised...:mad:

7. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

the bumper lifts the edges of my SGP crystal film (my ifrogz never lifted the edges of my powersupport on my 3GS)

8. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Yeah, I get film lifting on 2 different films I've tried. I think I'm going to end up cutting the next one down so that it's covering the screen only. That's the way the film on my 3G was, and I never had any problems with it.