Bumpers Are What You Put On Motorised Vehicles Not Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shambo, Jun 26, 2010.

1. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Why anyone would want to put an ugly bumper on a beautifully engineered iPhone4 to make it look cheap and nasty is, quite frankly, beyond me. Bumpers are for objects such as cars as a first line of defence to protecting the civilian lifes within. This is the reason why cars look ugly as it is function over design. And as for Apple saying that this is the solution to dropped calls is a joke.

DO NOT BE FOBBED OFF WITH BUMPERS, DEMAND A TECHNICAL RESOLUTION NOW!!!

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Great. Another thread complaining about signal strength and dropped calls.

3. shambo thread starter macrumors 6502a

shambo

I'm actually complaining about Apple fobbing people off with the bumper 'solution'. It's NOT a solution it's a work-around. :rolleyes:

4. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I don't know, a new car without a bumper would just look weird. Uglier than they already have become.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Great. Another thread about people complaining that getting a bumper is not a solution.

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Sense of style is quite subjective. I stood in line just to get a Bumper on the 24th, after having used my iP4 for an entire day with no issues. I really like the look of the phone with the Bumper on and it is functional as well.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Those that settle for less are happy with the band-aid. I say let them. When your momma buys your phone, You really have no choice to keep it or wait till she gets extra cash again. (I doubt they wanna do that)

lmao

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I agree!

At WWDC I sat in the audience and heard Steve Jobs rave about how cool the new antenna was in beautiful stainless steel. Now less than 30 days later I have an iPhone 4 that won't make calls! And Steve wants me to spend _my money_ to fix _his defective phone_?

What hypocrisy!