Bumpers Sold Out Everywhere I call - So much for fixing signal loss!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vkramer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. vkramer macrumors regular

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

that sucks we have a ton still at my apple store

3. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Griffin reveal from Best Buy isn't bad. Bumper-esque but with a clear plastic backing.

4. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

for fun (have the day off) i started calling Apple Stores out of state and beyond. NO ONE HAS BUMPERS. Some of the stores told me it is because of the reception problem people claim. One store told me they were sure they'd have enough bumpers to last over the weekend but all of a sudden around noon yesterday tons of walkins were coming in buying them in packs. Then people started reading posts on MacRumors and freaked out and everyone started buying them. most stores say they got word no bumpers till mid-July. One store said they got a shipment in this morning but no bumpers were included in the order.

i didn't think bumpers would sell out...

5. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

bumpers are a temporary "solution". have patience, i am 99% certain an attempt at a software fix is coming within the next few days.

6. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

yeah BB has tons of these. I might just give in and grab one until more stuff becomes available . As a side note I was talking to the BB Mobile guy and he said not many people came in and bought cases. Weird.

7. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Nah, people would rather complain now, and then once the fix is available complain that Apple forced them to buy a bumper and they should be compensated for their pain and suffering.

8. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

There have been a few posts from others in which the Reveal distorts pictures taken with the flash and it's apparently a lint magnet too. I haven't had either issue yet, but hang onto your packaging just to be sure!

9. ericwang macrumors member

I know Apple stores have them but does anyone know if AT&T/BestBuy/RadioShack/Wal-Mart have Bumpers as well?

10. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

None at AT&T or Best Buy. Don't know about the others.

11. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Just paid $36 for a bumper through Apple.com

I feel violated :eek:

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Violated? It was pure masochism.

13. ooo macrumors 6502

Any chance the bumpers will be sold at AT&T stores or Apple store exclusive?

14. glen e macrumors 68030

Does'nt a small piece of scotch tape do the same thing? or any case that keeps your skin off the small space in the aluminum?

15. Wallace macrumors member

Wallace

Does somebody know (or asked at a Apple Store) when the Stores have the iPhone bumpers back in stock?

16. ooo macrumors 6502

Apparently they get shipments everyday of iPhone 4 cases, but they don't know for which brand. From what I hear the cases are selling like wildfire.

17. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

18. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I've called probably 15 stores. Not even around me just to get a feel. NONE OF THEM HAVE THEM IN STOCK TODAY. None of them know when they will get any and the majority of them said i should pre-order a bumper online (Black) and it should be delivered by 7/6 or so. But one store said they might get a shipment of them Tuesday so... who knows. one store actually said they will have a special line just for bumpers when they finally come in.