Bunch of Questions about Mail, iCloud, iCal, Address Book

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by geekygeek, Nov 12, 2011.

1. geekygeek, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

geekygeek macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2011
    I'm gonna try to sync my regular mail account, my iCloud mail account, address book, iCal etc. I'm trying to take advantages of advantages of Lion's features.

First Question:
    Can I have the emails coming in to my iCloud email and my regular emails to collect in Mail?

I have a Mail.com account (www.mail.com) and the iMap and POP servers on the website say they are:
    POP3: pop.mail.com
    SMTP: smtp.mail.com
    iMAP 4: imap.mail.com

I believe Mail.com is powered by AOL because I can login using my regular username and password on the AOL website. My mail.com account is geekygeek@techie.com. The website lets you choose from around 50 different domains when you register. I have set up my mail.com account on my iPhone with no problems. I think I used AOL servers back then.

This is my first problem. If this gets solved, I'll continue with syncing and ask you guys more questions as more obstacles occur.

EDIT: I tried using those servers about a month ago without success. I just randomly tried again and IT WORKED! I can receive just find, but if I try to send I see this http://imgur.com/NszDP
  2. geekygeek thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2011
    Problem Two:
    I can't get the mail.com to send emails. I see this if I try http://imgur.com/NszDP :confused:

Question three:
    How can I delete contact groups in Address Book?
    I have 3 groups that say untitled group, how can I delete them? They don't have any contacts in them. :confused:

Lined to Question 3
    I got the untitled groups out after going to iCloud.com and editing it. Why can I not delete the groups in address book it self?

Question 4
    I can add more options to contacts like anniversary dates, birthdays and stuff. I can't in address book. :confused: