Bunch of snowflakes on the Right don't understand politics.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Sep 16, 2017.

1. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-presidents-possible-dreamer-deal/670479001/

I don't really know how widespread this is, maybe just the liberal media trying to use the actions of a few to show some sort of mass revolt.

Apparently, some Trump supporters are angry that President Trump is willing to work with Dems, and try and show a little compassion for Dreamers, burning their Make America Great Again hats in protest.

While I agree that Trump should have ended the executive action of deferred deportation for people that were brought, illegally to the US, that isn't really a political decision, it's one based in law. President Obama overstepped is Constitutional authority in issuing DACA, Congress writes the laws, and the executive carries them out. One can not just refuse to enforce the laws that they don't agree with, it undermines the principles of equal justice under law, that we are a nation of laws, and the separation of powers.

Whether or not I agree with Trump's decision to try and work with Congress to change the law, it's his decision to make, and I can understand his wanting to show compassion for people. I think these MAGA burners are just snowflakes that don't understand how politics works, they think that Trump should do whatever they want because they supported him. That just isn't how things work in the real world, most of the things politicians do are going to upset someone, anyone, when you support a politician you have to understand that some, or even most of the decisions they make maybe something you don't like or agree with, it's no reason to throw them under the bus.

You have to ask yourself, is what they are doing legal, and is it within the powers of their office?

Then you have to ask yourself what is to be gained?

Trump has been demonised by the left as a "White Nationalist" and "Xenophobe" from the earliest days of the campaign, there is nothing wrong with showing people a little compassion, and showing people they are wrong to demonise you because they don't agree with some of your views.

There is also nothing wrong with bi-partisanship, and giving the other side a little of what they want now, in the hopes they may help you with what you want down the road.

2. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

These videos are hilarious!!

I love the kid who ends with "your move". I wonder how it went behind the scenes: "That's it, enough is enough!! Mom, hold my iPhone, I'm going to spark the revolution!"

3. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I agree, what a bunch of losers. I never really liked the MAGA meme or campaign slogan. As a self proclaimed nationalist, I think my nation is great, it could be greater, but we never ceased to be great.

Besides that, I don't see how showing a little compassion for around 800,000 people that were drought here illegally, but are otherwise productive citizens, is going to make us less great.

4. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Are you ok Dearthvader? I miss the old Trumpian liberal-bashing Dearth.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Most of America thinks dreamers should stay. Burn your hats, nothing's getting done without some bipartisan support.

The people who own these hats and then burn them are not the guys you want backing you anyways.

6. Solomani, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Burn hats! Not crosses.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---

I'm ok with Congress agreeing to some provision to legally allow them to stay. Except for those that already have felonies. Any young immigrant who has already earned felonies even when they are still a minor (most Dreamers are under 18) is simply a bad seed. A horrible bad seed that will only become worse human beings once they become adults. Send those felons (most likely teenage gang members) back to Mexico.

The ones with clean records, no criminal histories, ok to keep them, and pave the way for them to eventually become naturalized citizens.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Burning those MadeInChina MAGA caps will most likely release some cancerous fumes.

I'll chalk that down as a WinWin:D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2017 ---
    EOs are always about changing the laws or how they are interpreted/enforced.
    Trumps travel ban being a prime example as people who had gone through the legal process required by the law to enter the US were suddenly refused based on it.

8. Zenithal macrumors G3

One of the few sensible posts you've made. You're quite correct. Those people are a minority voice but a strong voice no less. They're people who worship individuals like Bannon.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Watching the Trump administration struggle with DACA has been interesting. The treatment of so-called "Dreamers" has rendered the difference between the vicious racists like Rep. King and the corporatists like Reps. Ryan and McSally.

Where will the GOP go?

My assumption is that the GOP will try to bake protections for Dreamers into some costly border security projects. And the Dems will let them because the Dems are spineless dorks when it comes to immigration, so fearful of supporting amnesty that they're go to give up the Dreamers parents and family members, and write another big check to the defense industry.

I'd argue that Dems should recognize that no matter what they do, they're going to be accused of engaging in amnesty and thus, they should just put pedal to the metal and go for it.

10. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Did that sentence make you feel big?

Worry not, I'll prolly get banned for that question, not you for your personal attack - a o k under current moderation.

11. 0007776 Suspended

So when congress doesn't provide enough money to actually enforce every law on the books how should the executive branch go about deciding which laws to enforce and which not to?

12. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Actually, you can choose to not enforce laws that you disagree with for ethical or moral reasons. It's called nullification and it has a long legal and Constitutional history that goes back beyond the founding of our country. It takes place all the time, and should even be used more often, especially in the court system. If a cop chooses to let you slide on a ticket he is practicing a form of nullification. If a jury decides to not enforce a bad law they have exercised their right of nullification. Obama, as the head of the Executive branch of government chose to exercise his right to nullify bad law and call on his people to not enforce that particualr law. He was well within his powers to do it, even though the law should be changed by the Congress.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

This is so funny. Anyone paying attention to Trump's history would know that this day was inevitable. And here it is. Trump is pissing off a segment of his voters to the point where they are burning those famous red hats. I love it. :D

Might make it difficult for him to get reelected unless he does something spectacular.

IMG_5120.JPG

Click on the story and watch the videos. It's really fun!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-presidents-possible-dreamer-deal/670479001/

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Not sure he's going to run again come 2020. But if he does his reelection will depend on who runs against him. Put up Clinton again :D

15. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Bunch of snowflakes on the Right don't understand politics.

16. duffman9000, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Does this mean they don’t want to MAGA?

17. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

This shows the extreme partisan state of politics in the U.S. Chris Christie was denounced for hugging the president when he visited NJ in the aftermath of a terrible storm. Trump is now considered to have committed a political sin because he talked with some Democrats in order to try and get something done. In some segments of the population, which apparently includes Trump's base, it's not enough to simply disagree with someone, you have to despise them. As Trump would say - SAD.

18. SusanK macrumors 68000

Business opportunity for Trump to sell the white USA 45 caps @$40.00.

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I agree.

20. Zenithal macrumors G3

21. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

22. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

you would love that you need Clintons like dogs need to roll in dead fish.

23. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

They just misspelled it. It's "whining"

25. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

8 U.S.C. § 1182(f), which provides:

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    Just when you think you know a sith.:p

Not sure on the legality of that, tho I think it is a bad practice.