Burkina Beach Party: Observers Ogling Alien Annettes Instigate Migrant Mayhem!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Aug 14, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Welcome back...

Almost sounds like two gangs fighting.

3. LizKat, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Not sure why people are kind to the suburban rats. Kill 'em as quick as you can, you know there will always be more.

As for the thread, I suppose the intent was that we discuss the behavior of both those photographing and those wielding hatchets. While the former are certainly jerks, the response by the latter was wholly inappropriate and merits both justice upon them and consideration of a ban upon axes and harpoons outside of certain camping and maritime environments, respectively.

I do think that it merits separate discussion from the other thread, which focuses on the actual, absurd, governmental response of banning the offending clothing.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah I'm not a fan. Not sure Tesco planned to go out of its way to act like a fan either, despite their assurances. Around here a fisher generally hunts squirrels until there are none left and then he leaves for awhile, which doesn't bother me as he's not good company to any other critter on earth. The fisher seems to act like the meanest of the weasels.

Thinking about it, I concede your point. The thread title could be improved. Considering the source, I concede that as vain hope. Lookin' at you @aaronvan. :p Why hang out on the tacky title side of the tracks?

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Now that the burkina is banned what will these ladies wear to the beach? If they attempt to assimilate into French society with traditional bikini they risk having acid thrown in their face or an agonizing death by stoning. Otherwise, they stay home and miss all the fun.

Why are they jerks? I've read nothing indicating the tourists weren't at a respectful distance while photographing these burkina'ed beach bunnies. Obviously, it's a case of Fourth-World barbarians moving to the First World while clinging to their antediluvian notions of women as property.

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Insufficient but valiant effort. :p I had already noted that in the other thread, although far less colorfully:

But okay, A for effort. I have to say if someone told me I had to put on a burkini today I would kill myself. I can barely tolerate an oversized all cotton tee. I was not made for Florida weather in the Catskills. Off for some more iced coffee and third shower of the day.

As far as people killing other people for what they are wearing,,,, that's what prison is for.

On the matter of people photographing other people without inquiry and permission, it can be viewed as rude or worse by the subjects -- even if it's perfectly legal to take the photos. The negative response here was excessive, that's for sure. Especially since it wasn't the subjects but their "owners" who objected.

8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

As Liz points out, legal isn't always cool. I could walk around snapping pictures of breastfeeding women, but I'd get publicly harangued for doing so. I could walk around taking pictures of kids at the swimming pool, but I'd probably get some questions from the police for doing so. Just because you're in a public place doesn't mean photography is always going to be polite.

I've been on the flip side of this - traveling in India with the missus, who is as lily white as a German can get - and had people take pictures of her, specifically because they were looking at her like she was a zoo specimen. We talk about those folks like the jerks they were, and just as the kids here were. The major difference is we stuck to chewing bubblegum, while the folks in France didn't.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Lets stay on topic, a number of posts were removed.

10. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Sounds like the photog needed to be a little more discrete about the pics. In the end I'd LOL if a group of kids came at me with hatches. Would make for a wonderful CHL story. Reason right there why an extra mag is worth having.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Ban on muslims is starting to look more appealing every day.

12. Raid, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

What about a ban on asshats that make stupid discriminatory laws?

[​IMG]

13. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I doubt the photog was shoving the camera in their faces. Of course, you can't be too careful when dealing with primitive brutes. Probably the men wanted a handout before they'd grant "permission" to photograph their women. I've had street performers accost me in San Francisco for the same reason.

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Aarovan, I'm wondering if you'd use the bolded words in describing the street performer you'd encountered? There's a lot of unsubstantiated bias in your statement.

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I don't know about the first, but the latter two I'd consider reasonable in describing my experiences in SF, NYC, and other major cities around the world.

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

No, the words "panhandling bum" are more apt for the street performer. And yes, I am proudly biased against cultures that treat women as chattel and murder wives, sisters, and daughters to preserve family "honor."

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Are you biased on cultures those who short change women on pay day compared to their equal performing male counterparts? Cause that's in your backyard. The same goes for underage marriage in religious cults, forcing women into prostituion, killing of a wife for changing her Facebook status to 'single'. It has all happened in the USA... So either apply the labels you espouse to Mulims onto your countrymen/women or take a good hard look at the blind spot in your bias.

18. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Beekeeper_keeping_bees.jpg

they can always wear this.