Burn Keynote to DVD - Quality of Charts is Fuzzy

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kasofo, Jul 18, 2011.

1. kasofo macrumors newbie

I have a project where I need to burn Keynote to DVDs. I've created detailed charts using text, lines, hatches, and color. Also included are film clips from movies. These presentations will be used by a client who will be teaching to students on script analysis for films.

Question is: After exporting the presentations to a DVD, the quality of the charts is very fuzzy and unreadable. (When in Keynote of course, the quality was perfect - clear as a bell.)

I've tried exporting the charts to Quicktime first, with no luck...still fuzzy.

Does anyone know a way to export to DVD and maintain the quality? The presentations will be played on a small theater screen (at LucasFilm, Singapore campus).

Thank you soooo much! ;|
    Ciao!!

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Not really, dvds have a set res much smaller than your computer screen. The best bet is to build the keynote file set to DVD res and then scale all images etc to that size so when the file is converted to images for the DVD it doesn't need to do scaling as the one being used may be sub optimal.

Can you not display it from a PDF off a computer?

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

DVDs record at these resolutions, so you can probably see what the problem is:
    Info from here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video