Burning an MP4 onto a DVD to play in my DVD player

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Troon, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Troon macrumors regular

Troon

I know this will have been asked a million times so i apologise.

I am using Idvd to burn a DVD.

I take it i allow it to encode. Then hit the burn button, let it burn, eject, put in my DVD player, hit play, sit back and watch?

Thanks for any help

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't know if iDVD accepts .mp4 files, but simply speaking, that is the procedure you have reiterated.

You can also use Burn.

And as you said, it has come up many times, thus:
    MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

example: "mp4 to dvd"

3. Troon thread starter macrumors regular

Troon

Thanks a lot mate :)

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

the easiest way will be Toast Titanium, Visual Hub or iDVD - in that order (iDVD will loose quality massively).

5. Troon thread starter macrumors regular

Troon

I’ve used the Burn programme that “spinnerlys” advised. I have now burned 10 DVD’s with it with no problems. It’s really staright forwards which suits someone like me down to the ground.

Thanks anyway :cool:

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

my mistake - i never realised Burn could convert DVDs (even though i have it lol). it must just use the QT plugins.

Burn seems limited, with not much support for different formats... qualities etc.

7. Troon thread starter macrumors regular

Troon

It suits me mate. I like to keep things as simple as possible. I burned a movie, stuck it in my DVD player and watched it on my 50” LCD, it looked great, there was no flickers or stalling of the movie. So there’s no complaints from me.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hey no probs! if it works for you then there is no better method as far as you are concerned! quality/customisation ≠ best option for all people, i will start using Burn now that this thread has come up! thanks :)

9. Troon thread starter macrumors regular

Troon

Haha. I never thought i’d be of any help on here. I’m a complete doughnut when it comes to all things computers. I keep everything as simple as possible. I learned my lesson with trying to be a Bill Gates/ Steve Jobs............. :eek:

10. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Sounds like my kind of software, thanks!