Bush 2016

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Blue Velvet, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jeb Bush, that is...

Money talks.

Do you think America will be excited about it?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Who else have the Republicans got? Christie is out over the bridge scandal.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

America, in its never-ending race to the past, will have a choice between a Bush and a Clinton come 2016. Both are pretty much the same but the bigger neocon, Hillary, will win. :D

I think it's very possible. The Republicans have been telling us that their young Governors are the future. We need candidates with executive experience. Not long ago, they were touting Virginia's Bob McDonnell but he's out of office and in the middle of a scandal. Christie and Walker were 2 other governor's pushed but both have been hurt by scandal. The party money people will not support another NE Republican, especially one they can't control.

So who else do they have? Rand Paul? LOL. I think Rubio killed himself over how he handled immigration. Of course the usual suspects from 2012 will hang around for a while, Perry, Santorum and Huckabee. Who knows, we might even be treated to the comedic stylings of Jindal or Paul Ryan.

So I don't see who they can run with a chance to win other than Bush. It's pretty sad that a Bush is the best they can come up with. Almost hides the fact that the Democrats have it almost as bad. Clinton and Biden have eaten up all the bandwidth and I don't either will want to run if the Republicans take the Senate back in November.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I don't think so. The position of any candidate who survives today's GOP primary process will be significantly damaged. Last time around, it was a parade of flash in the pan clowns.

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The title of this thread made me throw up a little in my mouth when I read it.

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I really don't think that will matter if he gets the Republican ticket. Everyone President Obama worked with in Illinois is in jail and no one seems to care.

Edit: Rice, Zoellick, Rubio, Martinez.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

8. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

No dynasties. No Kennedy's, no Bush's, no Clinton's.

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What are these guys first names - I can't find anything on who they are :eek:.

----------

Good you'll have two to choose from ;).

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Sadly he is probably their best option. But I don't see any Republican winning in 2016, especially with the Bush name. The only way the Republicans win in 2016 is if they somehow lose control of the house before that, and the Democrats do some huge overreach.

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Don't bother. I don't particularly like any of them.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What is Jeb's record, I guess he has been good for education in Florida? Is he really more like W or daddy? As far as candidates go could we do worse?

13. zin macrumors 6502

It's a shame Elizabeth Warren isn't running. I'm sure she'd make a shipwreck of any opposing candidate in the debates.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The only bad thing on Wikipedia seems to be preventing a high-speed rail project with a dodgy ballot initiative.

You know honestly, if a democratic "bipartisan" governor had "punished" some Republican mayors for not supporting him by shutting a major bridge into a major city and causing such traffic chaos that people died as a consequence I'd vote for Jeb Bush over such a candidate.

15. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

With modern day CGI and the most talented team of writers in our time, Jeb Bush 2016 will change everything, again. Coming to a country you're in!

In other news, Christie is still grossly obese. Doesn't make for a good leader, c'mon 'murica get it together!!!

:rolleyes:

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

he's a fair bit more of a social conservative than either of the other two

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If America elects a third Bush....well I just give up.

Not that Clinton is better.

It'd be nice if the Neocon reign in this country would finally end, but what business wants business gets.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It would be fabulous to see neocon influence implode. Otherwise where should we move to? The problem is I've not been anywhere I'm sure I'd want to settle down in, other than where I am, however I could stand to leave Texas although rumors are it could turn blue in the near future. :)

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Politics is such a weird thing that I'm not even sure if we can rule Christie out. If he comes out of this exonerated, the GOP voters may flock back to him, purely on the basis of being the one candidate with enough moxie and personality to beat Hillary.

That said, if any "establishment" candidate -- Christie, Bush or someone else -- does build a following, then let's make some popcorn and watch the tea party explode. They're already furious that someone crazier than Romney wasn't nominated in 2012. I can already envision them at the 2016 convention: "What do we want? A lunatic! When do we want him? Now!"

You and me both.

Another sentiment with which I can agree, although I have to admit if it comes down to Clinton vs. a GOP candidate, Clinton will reluctantly get my vote.

I'd like to think so, and she is the candidate I can be enthusiastic about. But the sheeple are so brainwashed to be afraid of those horrible, scary liberal types, that I'm not sure she would win.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm voting Sanders 2016, whether or not he actually runs. Just his influence in the primary debates would be a crucial change in American politics. The debates now are just a farce of right wind (Dems as a whole) or far right wing (GOP) big business politicians. There is no center or anything remotely left leaning in American politics and there hasn't been since the 70's, just a slow marching rightward as the money flows.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'd rather not see a Clinton or a Bush in office ever again.

22. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Watching the primary last go around, Romney seemed to win by a majority of minorities. Every stop it was dude1 and also Romney, dude2 and also Romney, dude3 and also Romney. There were so many flavors to choose from, and each flavor won only one or two areas. Meanwhile, vanilla picked up some from every district and took the prize.

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

It's amazing that everyone is willing to believe the worst about Jeb Bush. Have you read anything past his last name? Would it be fair to believe that Hillary Clinton would be having sexual affairs in the Oval Office just because Bill did it? Why not judge Jeb Bush on his own accomplishments and failures rather than those of his father or brother?

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He allowed the corporate takeover of education in Florida that Scott then accelerated. He's a corporatist just as much as his brother, just as much as Obama, just as much as Hillary. My question is what accomplishments can you point to of his that aren't merely doing the bidding of the corporatocracy?

Slashed library funding
    Vetoed a high speed railway system (which this country desperately needs)
    Joined the board of Lehman Brothers after his time as governor

Is there anything else we should know?

25. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

High Speed Rail System that you say that this country needs but does Florida need it? Georgia also turned down building a high speed rail because the truth is there aren't two cities in Georgia that really need to be connected by high speed rail.

My point is that we should be judging Jeb on his own successes and failures, not his families. You're the first to name any of the actions that he himself has done.