Bush appoints 150 graduates from Pat Robertson's Law School

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Apr 15, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:mad: Jesus H. Christ....no pun intended.

*Sigh.* Someone should tell Bush that Biblical law is not an accepted course of study for people aspiring to be in government.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

from what i understand, many of these graduates have been assigned to lifetime positions in the justice department.

it's kind of like the bush administration is AIDS: it attacks the mechanisms which are designed to protect us in the first place. in the piece i read (no idea where, sorry), there was suggestion that their sole purpose in a democratic administration is to cause trouble from within.

lovely treatment of our gov't institutions we're getting from the bush administration, eh?

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

This is just sad... I really don't know what else to say.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We're going to be feeling the effects of this administration for years to come. Mostly negatively it seems. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything good. Even if you're religious, even if these people actually are (that's up for debate), are we sure they're going to being doing what you think is moral? Do you agree with their brand of religion? We don't want a theocracy. Trust me.

Sadly, I'm not even surprised by this type of thing anymore.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

We can't afford for you not to be surprised. We're depending on you to get really angry and sort out all this crap before we all end up in the pan, because there's f-all we can do about it from over here short of invasion, and we tried that a while ago. Didn't go too well, I seem to recall...

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

9. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

There was a NYT Columnist who just finished discussing this. I'm not surprised.

10. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Haha, when i heard this from Bill my mouth dropped. The funniest part was when he said these are people who couldnt even get into the university of phoenix. gotta love bill

11. bartelby macrumors Core

I really think Bush knows the Republicans are screwed at the next election. So his aim is to destroy as much as he can in the remaining time!

12. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Well... at least that explains some of it... But seriously, how the hell do people allow for this kinda crap. These are "lawyers", that graduated from a Fourth Tier school, have issues speaking (let alone writing), and don't understand what the whole separation of church and state thing is all about. I really am ashamed to live in such a theocracy.... Screw it, I'm moving to Oman! :D

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't say I wasn't angry. I just can't get anymore pissed than I already am. I probably can't even say how angry I am without getting banned and/or getting a visit from the SS (er, Secret Service for those who don't get that). I'm just not surprised. This administration has reached about as low as you can get. Of course, every time I say that, they reach a new low, so maybe I should stop saying it.

But when someone asks me why I hate GW, this can be yet another in the list. You know, at this point, I'm not even going to wait for them ask anymore. If it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking pretty much any Dem can just skate into office on '08.

14. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Even getting MS certified would only hold half the horror.

15. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

So it's your fault.:D

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I guess Bush took it literally when someone asked him how many Liberty graduates it took to screw the Constitution...

This will take YEARS to undo, and since Bush has put so many "loyal Bushies" in supposedly non-partisan public roles, any attempt to remove them later will be labeled as "partisan revenge" by the GOP.

18. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I thought that Yale Law School was number one? :confused: :confused:

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They are. For Satan! Seriously though, Bush went there, so they can't be that great.

20. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I could not express my feelings any better, or different. But, the same question keeps coming back; what are you going to do about it? I feel myself on the edge, and I am not going to go down without a fight.

21. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

He did say he learned everything he knows about the English language at Yale. That can't be a very good endorsement for them. :)

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want a vote in the coming US election.

I want to vote this party out. Gone. Outta here. I wish I was an American, but for only one day, where we can fix your country while it's being run into the ground, because what you do affects me a bit too much. The better off you are, the better off this world is. No, the hiring of these lawyers probably won't have a direct effect on me, and it may not even have an indirect effect. However, I doubt it. Somehow, it'll **** me and the rest of us.

Bush scares me more than ever.

23. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Nobody in the world is safe when you have fanatics with nukes. And, that is what the current administration, and their lackies are - textbook fanatics.