Bush appoints another lobbyist.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, May 10, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Since Bush seems to be un-able to learn from his past mistakes, he is making yet another TERRIBLE nomination.

Bush wants to appoint a lobbyist, Michael Baroody, to the Consumer Safety Agency. The same man that has:

- Opposed a CPSC proposal to improve safety standards for baby walkers. Instead, NAM blamed parents for improperly supervising their children
    - Opposed a petition from consumer organizations to improve the way the consumers find out about recalls of potentially dangerous children's products
    - Supported diluting guidelines companies used to determine whether they must report substantial product hazards
    - Urged New York Governor George Pataki to veto legislation that mandated fire safe cigarettes
    - Fought to allow a higher level of arsenic in drinking water
    - Opposed attempts to ban tobacco billboards near schools
    - Lobbied to keep manufacturers from having to publicly disclose how much lead they were producing.

Seriously? Seriously?! Is he serious? I can't believe we have ~2 more years of this ****ing **** for brains man in charge. Honestly, no joke; somebody needs to assissinate him before he does even more harm to this country. Or send him a bag of pretzels so he can do it himself.

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

The voters did not learn from their past mistakes...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

At this point I think Bush is just doing things that he knows will piss the public off. He knows he's out so it's kind of like no harm no foul to him. I mean seriously, do any of his poor decisions really hurt him in the long run? No one will impeach, no one will turn against him in such a way that will ruin him. I equate Bush to the show Trading Spaces (yes seriously). Those designers come in to someone's home, f-up everything, make some obscure room that is hardly livable at least 70% of the time and then they walk away. Their take is the people got something for free. I see Bush as a designer on Trading Spaces...he comes in, f-ups everything and then walks away. This moron's latest appointment is just living proof.

4. toontra macrumors 6502

Why stop when you have a winning strategy? Brown, Bolton and Wolfowitz have all succeeded so splendidly.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I seriously think his strategy now is to screw up everything as much as he can. Think about it, it's more than likely that the democrats are going to win in 2008, but if things are so screwed up that they have to spend all their time trying (and maybe failing) to fix it, there is a good chance the republicans could win in 2012.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I keep thinking it's incompetence, but they just keep screwing everything up. No one is this incompetent. He must completely live in a bubble, listening only to people who are getting theirs right now and just don't care about the fallout. Or everyone is just too afraid to tell him the truth.

He just can't be this clueless, he just can't be...

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No, he's doing everything he can to keep from losing the support of the far-right in this country. Bush watched his daddy's support plummet to the level Bush is at now because daddy broke his word to the far-right on taxes. Bush knows that if he loses the support of the extremists in the GOP, his support numbers will drop like a rock. From 28% on down to single digits would be my guess.

Bush knows this, he came into office determined not to make the mistakes his father did when it came to "dancing with the one who brung ya".

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Both elections were stolen, let's not forget.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The first one. Probably not the second one. There was some monkey business there, but let's not forget how terrible a candidate Kerry was.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

However, I'll never forget one thing my parents said to me after the election in Ohio: "The candidate who wins Stark County has ALWAYS won the election." They were both Bush supporters, but Kerry won Stark County, Ohio easily. Even my parents thought something was wrong, and said so. They even went so far as to say to me, "Lee, we wanted Bush to win, but something is wrong here." They never expected Bush to even come close in Ohio. That's really something coming from staunch Republicans.