Bush Heats Up Iran Rhetoric Through Evangelical Allies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OldCorpse, May 23, 2007.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Hey, we need to prepare the public opinion. Iran is the devil. Soon there will be mushroom clouds over America. Iran has WMDs!!!

Of course, not only does Iran not have any nuclear weapons, there is no proof that they are even pursuing such.

Quick! Get the public into a panic!

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_kevin_ze_070517_bush_heats_up_iran_r.htm

"Bush Heats Up Iran Rhetoric Through Evangelical Allies – "U.S. could lose a city, or ten cities or a hundred"

2. furious macrumors 65816

furious

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Hopefully it stays cold.

Of course, being a total dreamer I'd hope for no war, hot or cold, since it is in the interest of absolutely no one (except our war profiteers). Oops, I guess the last point is the most important :(

4. 66217 Guest

Money and power; how many horrible thing has the human beings made for these things.:(

I am curious, what have been of Iraq oil? Have US companies seized control of the oil settlements?
    As how I see it, the US is loosing way more money than what they are getting in return, but I haven't seen statistics about this.

As for Iran, I really doubt Bush is going to attack them. Elections are coming, an he surely wouldn't want to damage more the image of his party. As things look right now, it seems the Democrats have much more power, but I am not american, so I am not up-to-date in the last news about the coming elections.

5. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Not when the costs are paid for the taxpayers and the profits reaped by private industry. This is what may be on a macroeconomical scale losing more money, but on a micro scale, people are obviously profiting from the billions of dollars our tax money is putting towards this war. So, think of it was a reverse redistribution of funds.