Bush holding American servicemen hostages

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Aug 31, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

After reading this a couple times, many questions I had about Congress fell into place.

Those loyal to 'the Administration' will find this of little interest. I think that Goldwater Republicans, moderates and those committed to stopping this insane war, will find it enlightening.

:mad:

2. unixfool macrumors 6502a

The topic of this post says it all, so I'll skip the read.

I know my wife, as a servicemember with almost 20 years of service, doesn't feel that she's being held hostage. Many servicemembers don't. I'm a veteran and I don't look at it as a hostage situation either. It is part of military life and what most military member strive for...defending the nation, peacekeeping, and other things that the military does best. That's the attitude of most volunteer military members across the world...

3. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

You should not just assume. I respect you and your family for their service. I too am a veteran. That is why I posted this. Without reading it, you have no opinion.

4. unixfool macrumors 6502a

I visited the link. My assumptions were correct, meaning I've seen and heard this type of discussion before. I've read it, so I guess that makes my opinion valid now?

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Wow, that link is pure ******* fodder right there.

Not only is his plan stupid, it also doesn't address how to free the "hostages". This gullible little man has let his imagination get the best of him. Bush is not going to invade Iran in the last few months of his presidency.

Likening the deaths of American Troops to deaths of "terror hostages" is as ridiculous as it is insulting.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This article does not clarify any issues for me. The man seems to be talking complete nonsense.

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i don't see how _volunteers_ can be considered hostages anyway

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, the article wasn't much for me, but I do see a similar issue with some of Bush's ultimatums. He complains that the Dems won't give funding, then they do (and then some) with little more than a suggestion that he gives a plan for eventual withdrawal. So he still complains, saying he won't sign it, blaming them again if they don't get what they need. So they cave, and he still complains. And they still don't have all the resources they need. So he asks for more money, making the same threats. My favorite part was when he said if the Dems didn't give him what he asked for (even though they already did, he just didn't like the terms) that they'll be stuck there longer than they should be, and then the next day we find out they're extending their tours and lessening time back at home anyway. :rolleyes:

For those of us with friends and family in the military, we're just not seeing the improvements we've been promised and don't want them to be sent back (AGAIN) for what feels like nothing, while chickenhawks at home talk about how things will be getting better any day now... just as they've been saying for the last couple of years.

*******? And you wonder why we think we think you're a partisan hack. :rolleyes: You could have made your point a lot better, as skunk did. Who also apparently disagrees with it. Guess he isn't a ******* either.