Bush (once again) silences those who disagree with him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Jul 11, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070710/hl_nm/bush_surgeongeneral_dc

It appears that the outgoing surgeon general is saying that even his office is not immune from the extreme partisanship in this administration.

(Emphasis mine)

Looks like this country is no better than the theological countries the right-wing rallies against in the middle east. I guess it's okay though if it is your religion that is completely poisoning our country.

2. Queso macrumors G4

You can bet your last dollar it's the theologians doing the interfering, even if they use politicians as proxies. Theology is given way too much credit in our societies. What useful knowledge do theologians actually possess? It's all just smoke and mirrors.

3. mpw Guest

[Blind Date contestant]And the same question to number one[/Blind Date contestant]

4. Queso macrumors G4

Well at least politicians have access to useful up-to-date information, meaning they can actually form an opinion based on current trends, requirements and evidence, even if they are then subject to the whim of lobbying groups.

Whereas theologians have unbending so-called Sacred Texts written centuries ago.

5. mpw Guest

Fixed that for you.:D

But seriously, yeah you're right I'm just pissed-off at politicians at the moment 'cause I wrote to about 50 last week and got two replies:rolleyes:

These will be the people moaning about voter apathy come the next election, grrrr.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

More Bush & Republican crap, muzzle science, lie, spin the truth for political gain. SOLUTION...............Dont vote Republican for a decade or two. Thats coming from a former Republican.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I think we can accept Carmona's word on its face, not just because we've heard this stuff (dissenting voices being silenced) many times before in this so-called administration, but because physicians in general tend to be a rather idealistic bunch, and they balk at insurance companies or moron politicians telling them how to do their jobs.

8. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Actually, the point of theology is in part to give meaning to those texts and that meaning always has to evolve to make the faith viable. Some do it better than other of course.