Bush: Our military is why we're losing.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Jun 28, 2007.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just when you think Bush couldn't say or do anything to make himself less popular he comes out with this. It'll be interesting to see what the ramifications are. Hopefully the press get on board and push the story....

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's from the Onion :).

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i don't know if anyone else does this, but before i read anything posted here i mouse over the link to see the source. sorry!

3. .Andy thread starter macrumors 68030

.Andy

So do I but hopefully a few people won't ;). It's one of those perfect onion stories that's borderline believable :).

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I made it about halfway before I realized that there was no way I would have not heard about this until three AM, but before that I was just about pooing my pants with glee, envisioning Bush's poll numbers at 0% approval and all kinds of glorious goodness overcoming the world. Bah humbug. :p

5. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

What's that they say about telling a big enough lie to the point where it's accepted as truth?

If this makes the rounds even as a satire, the results could prove fatal
    for this administration.

In effect, it may be considered too close to the truth for comfort.

6. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. I was thinking even Bush couldn't be that stupid. :D

7. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

This story is so bogus that when I clicked on the link, it made Safari crash. :eek:

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Damn you! ;) I started to fall for it. First couple of paragraphs, my mouth dropped open -- could Bush really have been stupid enough to say that??

By the fourth paragraph I felt I was being had, and the sixth paragraph all but confirmed it. Scroll-scoll-scroll. Okay, The Onion. Figures. :p

Good one, .Andy.

9. stillwater macrumors regular

Real funny, a**hole! :D

Yeah, my jaw dropped too. Then I had visions of Bush being eviscerated in the media.

I wish this story were actually true.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think the same thing about his government's performance, especially when it said something about a lack of quality personnel.

11. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I was at a slow boil the minute I read the topic. By the time I hit brilliant civilian oversight, I was livid. Then I skipped to the end for the source.

Thankfully, The Onion. But then again, I'm still pissed since I just read on Yahoo that Shrub is refusing to release the subpoenaed documents.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The scary thing is that I thought this was real at first, and wasn't a bit surprised.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I might have fallen for it, if I hadn't been sitting in a restaurant for lunch today across from a guy reading the print edition of The Onion, with this piece as the top headline.

14. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

What's sad is the fact that a million kids are believing that sh** because they read it on the interwebs.:mad:

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What's sad is our president is such a f**king dumbass, I could actually believe that story.

16. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Sad, but true. I can guarantee you that 99% of kids wouldn't know what The Onion (period) is and 95% of them couldn't spot blatant satire if it slapped them in the face. And that's generous.

17. .Andy thread starter macrumors 68030

.Andy

That's the operating principle behind conservapedia.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

OMFGBBQ!

I nearly exclaimed "he said WHAT!" aloud in the middle of a quiet coffee shop.

Now, I hope you're happy I'm going to need a drink.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I doubt that.

But there was some upper military person who actually did blame the troops for some of the failures and ethical violations a few months ago and no one noticed. Strange, can't seem to find the story now, but I watched the video where he was testifying. A Dem says we lost, another says lives are being wasted, while they cave to Bush's request for funding, and somehow they don't support the troops. Bush uses them like cannon fodder, not giving them the equipment they need, nor letting them rest and train enough before sending them back out, nor planning or providing for exit strategies, and plays politics with them just as the Dems did, while taking responsibility for nothing, and he supports them? I'd say this was more accurate than some of us would like to admit.

Rudy kinda did it too.

20. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

This one had me going, then I saw the source also. I sent it to a few others to read...