Bush to Address Nation to Push Bailout

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Sep 24, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll give you 700 billion to 1 odds he plays this like 9/11. Time to scare the ***** out of the country.

2. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Jim Cramer's been on CNBC yammering about how it's an "Investment in America," or so say the graphics at the bottom of the teevee screen. Like we haven't heard that one before.

3. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm all for the govt. doing something but I want to see them take some time and detail the plan to us. This gun to the head approach of Paulson and Bush scares the crap out of me.

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Indeed.

When the government makes knee jerk reaction, we get amazing legislation like the Patriot Act.

5. stevegmu macrumors regular

What's wrong with the Patriot Act?

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Other then destroying our civil liberties and creating a fascist state nothing. We went over 200 yrs without this crap we dont need no patriot act. 2nd Trust nothing from the Bush administration of lies and spin. Its why we should sit back and wait for the next administration before doing anything.

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

No wonder I'm scared sh&^%$#@ over this one. :rolleyes: :p

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well. I for one feel much better having been reassured that Bush is on point.

Nothing like a crisis to ram through legislation nobody's read yet...

9. nanofrog macrumors G4

Am I alone in feeling like Bush's insistence of urgency is like the "proverbial gun" pointed at congress's heads? :p

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And here I thought you were banned. I'm guessing most people have just written you off here, which is why you are seldom even countered anymore, but I can't honestly believe only 1 person replied to you about this. For one, the ironic name, as it's pretty much the opposite of what this country is supposed to stand for. You know, all those freedoms they supposed hate us for. Even if other countries have actually more freedom and aren't attacked. For another, it wasn't really needed. We already had sufficient laws in place. But there really wasn't room for debate afterwards was there? I mean, they still try to push these laws as being needed, and the Dems still fall for it (see FISA), which is odd because if they worked, they should have been just as temporary as if they didn't. Would have been better to follow the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission if it was so important too, but that waited until the Dems came back into power after '06 for some reason.

I'm sure you'll diss my link, but here's an answer to your question:

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/resources/17343res20031114.html

That would have been funnier if it wasn't true. It did sound exactly like his Iraq speech. Fancy that.