Bush: "We're kicking [expletive deleted]" *NWS Language*

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Sep 6, 2007.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/09/06/bush-on-iraq-were-kicking-ass/

Gotta love the amount of professionalism this guy shows :rolleyes:

You know it's bad when a thread containing a quote from the president has a censored thread title with an NWS warning :D (although I have to admit, the NWS *may* have been added for a slight dramatic effect ;))

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I for one like a little bit of candidness from my politicians...

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I for one like my politicians to act like they have some sort of grasp on the seriousness of their positions (not to mention reality), especially when we're paying them and people are dying.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Ya know, if what he said in any way reflected the reality in Iraq, I would have to agree. Since his statement has absolutely nothing to do with the truth he's just a potty mouthed bag of gas.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I agree entirely.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Pretty much what I was going to say. I think I'd be fine with him saying that if we were, but we obviously aren't, and the people he was talking to know it. Most of us know it. He seemed to think the Australians would be cool with it. They obviously aren't. But again, probably because it isn't true, not because of his poor terminology. That just made it worse.

Some people are ok with it, because they believe we are, just as they believe this is part of his "down home charm". :rolleyes:

8. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

This comment was obviously used to show us that President Bush is excited and pumped up about our progress so we should be excited and pumped up about it too.

You guys feeling it? Yeah!!!

9. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So who's asses are we supposed to be kicking? :rolleyes:

10. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I really wish it were true. As long Bush is determined to be the nation-building game, the least we could do is do it right. Unfortunately, the bassoon has sounded.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Are you sure you didn't mean baboon?

Plus this is coming from a guy who was there for only a few hours and never left the US military base. I can see how one might think things are going better than the are actually going if you don't bother to look outside the walls...

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Why is is that every public speech seems to have 4 or 5 words per sentence, a pause, the next 4 or 5 words, a pause?

13. Queso macrumors G4

Doesn't the symbol of the Democrats look like an ass? Which way round is the kicking again? :confused:

14. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

bassoon=wind instrument.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Oy... that was a joke. I'm well aware of what a bassoon is.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Only if that's where you're getting it...

I don't mind a little gratuitous swearing by politicians. Makes 'em human somehow. Four-letter insults, like Cheney's "Go ____ yourself," are, however, another matter.

As is Bush's grasp of what's going on over there. :rolleyes:

17. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Here's something I've noticed about our president's (cough-cough) speeches, and I was wondering if anyone else has ever noticed this.

Let's say he's giving a press conference at the white house. He gives his speech, and while he's doing this, the camera occasionally pans across the audience in the briefing room. All fine and good, yes? Ok. Now, they show Condi Rice, in the front row. She always looks nervous or concerned. It's like she's thinking, "come on George, just like we talked about this morning. Come on, don't screw this up Pleeeease?"

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it me?

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I know people getting killed left and right always excites me! Yee haw! (hey, isn't that what brought Howard Dean down?) But no, one else is feeling it. Maybe some people.

I love that he also said OPEC instead of APEC. Then lied about why he made that mistake. Then said Austrians. Then went out the wrong door. Again. By themselves, not a big deal. Bigger picture? Not looking so good. Ladies and gentlemen, our President! Feel a little sorry for those who allied themselves with him, but they knew what they were getting into. Good luck with that Howie.