Bush wishes for Nuclear war...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Stella, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/17/asia/prexy.php

WASHINGTON: President George W. Bush said Wednesday that he thought Russia still wanted to stop Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. But stepping up his own rhetoric, the president warned that for Tehran to possess such a weapon raised the risk of a "World War III."

Bush has proven himself to be the anti-christ. Why otherwise would he be wishing nuclear war on the planet?

At the moment, the indications are that he wishes another war with Iran. When will this loose cannon stop?

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Pointing out the potential for something doesn't mean you "wish" it.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm still chewing on the statement that Bush has "proven" himself to be the anti-christ. When did that happen?

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Low threshold of proof for some people evidently.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't like Bush at all, but in this case it really seems that the word "wish" is used incorrectly...

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Exactly what I thought--that's quite a stretch!

Dead on! :D

7. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm not a Bush fan but I really don't think he's wishing WWIII to happen. In fact I think Bush is implying that if Tehran were to get nuclear weapons they might start WWIII. Bush knowns darn well that congress isn't going to approve a war with Iran.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Bush ain't the anti-Christ, but...

Have we already forgotten all the bellicose warnings that Bush gave to Saddam Hussein before he attacked Iraq for specious reasons?

We're hearing similar bellicose warnings now. Is anyone really naive enough to think it couldn't happen again?

Remember, this is a man who thinks God tells him to get into wars. Screw Congress. :rolleyes:

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Bush can't be the Anti-Christ.

The AC was supposed to be popular and well liked. He's supposed to come off as smart and charming to fool people into following him. Bush isn't any of that, except maybe in his own mind.

But yeah, this was the same crap he pulled before Iraq. Most of us aren't falling for it this time though. Wolf crying and all. Apparently the MSM didn't get the memo though, because they seem to be perfectly happy repeating the same mistakes, despite what a majority of the rest of the country believes. I hope the Dems aren't stupid enough to fall for this again too.

Knowing our luck, Iran really would be a threat, and we couldn't do anything about it because we've overstretched our resources as is.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Anti-Christ? I'm not even going to go into my thoughts on that one :rolleyes:

However, who's going to be surprised if we start hearing about how Iran can deliver nukes in 45 minutes? And how long is it going to be before critical people start being found dead in woodland?

11. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Oh, it will happen, but it will be the Israelis that intiate the strike this time around. Syria was just a dry run for what's coming up. They still can't figure out why their anti aircraft alert system didn't warn them. :)

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

They're finding out the radar they bought from North Korea is pretty shotty.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Iran is going to discover the same thing, especially if the Israelis can use some of our F-117 Nighthawks.

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

and crossing fingers that the iran doesn't have a connected radar system ?

i think they would rather choose ordinary F16 with sending in wild weasel groups in before

15. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Whatever they use, I bet it will be one of the best planned and executed operations ever seen. The Israelis know that it will have to be swift and thorough.

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's an interesting point. Would the US actually fly a joint mission with F-117s along with the Israelis, or would the Israelis have to engage in anti-radiation efforts first.
    I'm wondering, does anyone know what the IAF uses for 'wild weasel' ops? As far as I can tell they just use F-16s like the USAF. The lack of the EA-6 Prowlers seems somewhat surprising, considering the number of electronic warfare aircraft they have.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

So what happens if Iran actually has, or can get, nukes? Couldn't they, I don't know, use them if they feel they have to? Anyone kinda wondering if that's why they want nukes, is because they're afraid we're going to attack them?

Plus, what about Russia, who's decided to become all buddy buddy with them?

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think we've discussed this before, Iran is attempting to become a regional power and nuclear weapons make this easier. At the same time, the North Korean situation has proved, at least in part, that the United States can be kept at bay if a country has at least one weapon. With the US unable to strike or invade, Iran can of course continue to ship conventional weapons and supplies throughout the Mid-East and use these countries as various client states.