bush's First Post election interview CNN

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Nov 11, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. 66217 Guest

I think he is in part sad because his party lost. But yes, he must be happy of finally being able to go and take a loooong vacation.

Last day I saw an article who showed presidents before and after being in charge in my country. The difference was tremendous. Here is a link for US presidents.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

He's always very personable in one on one interviews.

4. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

5. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Very human. Very real.

Like I've always said... I disagree with so much of what this man says and does... but I sure would love to sit down with him and have a beer sometime. ;)

6. TSE macrumors 68030

George Bush is just a normal person. Obama is just a normal person. Ron Paul is just a normal person. McCain is just a normal person. Most of these politicians that we think so highly of or hate so much we must realize are just normal people.

George Bush is actually a pretty funny guy from what I've seen and what other people that hang out with him personally say.

7. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

there were some videos of him from frat parties back in his college days floating around some time back... maybe on youtube...

His policies still suck

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

President Bush is a guy I would love to have a beer and talk with. As much as people may disagree with him, I think hes a cool guy

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    well he seems a bit wiser now...certainly less cocksure. epic failure does that i guess.

there was a time in dallas when i used to see him frequently at a hamburger place called bubba's...this was after he got the sweetheart deal with the texas rangers but before he was anointed the golden prince-to-be. he was one of the most smug self-impressed people i'd run across. laura had a pained and embarrassed look on her face most of the time.

i'm betting he's a bit more humble now. i'd love to have a beer with him and ask him WTF he was thinking...see how he rationalizes being the least competent president in history.

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Five years in Guantanamo would suit.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Which just shows the futility of using "who I'd more like to have a beer with" as a criterion for such a decision. :rolleyes:

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I couldn't. He sent my family members and friends to Iraq for no good reason. If I saw him, I don't think I could keep my anger contained. There would be a lot of yelling involved.

13. TSE macrumors 68030

Did your family members and friends join the army voluntarily?

14. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I'm sure he can't wait to leave. And no, I would not want a beer with him.

15. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

That's not relevant. We have a volunteer army, that is understood. However, just because we have a volunteer army (military, whichever word you like) doesn't mean that the leaders of said forces don't have the responsibility to those volunteers to assure that they are being sent on clearly defined and responsible missions. No one is expecting for everyone to be safe when they join the military, but they do expect for their leaders to use their service responsibly.

16. TSE macrumors 68030

I agree, but quite frankly if you don't want to risk it, don't join the army. Irresponsible military actions are nothing new to America or any country for that matter.

And even then, you yourself cannot determine yourself what is responsible and what is not. In a lot of people, leaders and people fighting in the Middle East, think that what they are doing is a good thing. If you don't want to risk doing something that the leaders ahead of you think is responsible and you don't, don't join the military!

17. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Woodrow Wilson looks like Fred Gwynne. Before and after munster make-up.

~ CB

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious when he mocked that born again woman who killed out of self defense that he was sending to the electric chair when he was governor.

After 9/11 to fight terrorism. Not get sent off to Iraq that had nothing to do with anything. Whether they volunteered or not, doesn't change the fact that this I don't know what to call him without being banned sent them off on a poorly planned, never ending suicide mission without much needed resources for ill defined reasons while the real terrorists were elsewhere in areas we pulled resources from and began losing in.

19. TSE macrumors 68030

TSE

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Could you please answer the person you're quoting outside of their quotes? You're being confusing.

21. TSE macrumors 68030

I'm sorry but if you think that my answers that are bolded is confusing, I can't help you. The way I answer people helps with what I am directly responding to so other people know.

22. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's easier to respond when you don't do that. I guess you're just a maverick, but common forum courtesy is to make it easier for people to understand and respond, not harder. I guess I'll just answer your post without quoting it.

Never said anyone else was perfect, but this was just a sample of his "sense of humor", which most would find distasteful. Don't you? I would hope you aren't trying to defend such behavior by saying that because others might do it (no reference points I note) that makes it ok. It's not ok. It's not ok at all. And it goes to show the type of person he seems to be, which the other 70~something % of America and most of the world can see.

I'm not even going to touch your second point, because honestly, as someone with many close friends and relatives in the military who joined for more patriotic reasons, I find what you said kind of deplorable, and a slap in the face to our troops who should be better taken care of, both in the military and afterwards (but aren't).

Support the Troops... but it's their own darn fault for signing up because they should have known those in charge would suck?