Buster's Flight - Independent Game - $50 Prize to one buyer!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 306Designs, Jun 19, 2011.

1. 306Designs, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

306Designs macrumors member

This game was designed and built entirely by me and it's getting great reviews and downloads through a week of being released. I've been surprised at the amount of support the game has been getting!
    ceived for this game i wrote myself and I want to give back to the fans as well.

Because of the success of Buster's Flight so far, I have decided that I am holding a contest. I am going to pick a random user out of the first 30 people to leave a review and they are going to receive a 50 dollar gift card emailed to them from whatever restaurant or shopping store they wish. I am 100% serious about this. I will keep this thread updated with the number of reviews left for the game and I will keep updating my twitter (@306Designs) as well. There are currently 10 reviews for the game. I am grateful for the support I have received for this game i wrote myself and I want to give back to the fans as well. Pass the name of the game around and get your friends to enter!

Buster's Flight
    $0.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/busters-flight/id441166377?mt=8&ls=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What the buyers are saying:

"I played this for about 2 hours and didn't want to put it down. It's very similar to the Helicopter game but has a few tweaks that make it so much better. Definitely worth a dollar!" - Skater514

"This game is fun, easy to use and highly addictive. Great job." - Scott Abraham

"Great app for anyone to play. The controls are simple yet easy and your always trying to beat your top score overall great app 5/5!" - Dwillet

"This game is pretty addictive and fun to play." - T_Zabinsky

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Why not do a random draft of the first 30th reviewers to select the winner?

3. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

I don't mind that idea! This way, the people who submit their reviews now (when it's clearly not at 25) have a fair chance. Thanks McGiord, the first post has been updated!

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I understand what you are trying to do here, but you need to be careful about only offering the chance of the prize if someone gives a 5 star review: Apple may view it as trying to game the review system and pull your app (they do have rules against this sort of thing).

5. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. Is there another system that you've seen people do that is fair and legal under Apple's rules? It has been a crazy week for Buster's Flight and I want to reward the people supporting it.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I just installed it but it doesn't have any sounds?

7. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

Sounds are currently being tested and will be included in the next update! Honestly, I didn't expect the kind of success with the App as I've gotten, so I didn't have plans to include music and sound effects. Now I have been working closely on creating original pieces of music for the game

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

:mad:
    You could just do a draw for the first 50 or so people that leave a review: as long as you don't specify that people have to leave you a 5 * review to be included, you should be OK

9. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Phil A. I revised the contest below:

Because of the success of Buster's Flight so far, I have decided that I am holding a contest. I am going to pick a random user out of the first 30 people to leave a review and they are going to receive a 50 dollar gift card emailed to them from whatever restaurant or shopping store they wish. I am 100% serious about this. I will keep this thread updated with the number of reviews left for the game and I will keep updating my twitter (@306Designs) as well. There are currently 10 reviews for the game. I am grateful for the support I have received for this game i wrote myself and I want to give back to the fans as well. Pass the name of the game around and get your friends to enter!

10. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

Wow, people have really been responding well to the chance at a free gift card. As a University student who created this in his spare time, I thank every one of you who support and offer some support and suggestions for the game.

11. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

12. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

Buster's Flight has been featured on http://www.appgiveaway.com! Check it out and download a free copy from there. Remember that you can't leave a review with a promo copy so you can't enter the $50 contest (which is up around 15 people), but you get to play my hard work and effort.

Thanks everyone.

13. 306Designs thread starter macrumors member

EVERYONE!

To celebrate two months of release, the game has been set to free for 48 hours only! Buster's Flight has had a couple thousand downloads and now is the chance to get it. The first update is coming very soon and it will include background music, sound effects, a global leader board, better movement mechanics, slightly altered gameplay, and bug fixes. Once again, I designed this game completely from scratch using my home laptop and nothing more. Thanks to everyone for their continued support and help a student out by downloading the game! Follow me on twitter @306Designs, I want to hear your messages of support and criticism.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/busters-flight/id441166377?mt=8&ls=1

Cheers.