But iPhone youre not playing any music. Why do you say you are?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fromthineyes, Oct 6, 2007.

1. fromthineyes macrumors newbie

A lot of the time there is the play triangle in my status bar when music isn't playing...

Is this a typical problem?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It appears to be a bug. I temporarily fixed it by playing something, then stopping it.

I restarted the iPhone, and I haven't seen it since.

3. KevinPlusPlus macrumors member

It's my opinion that this is a bug in 1.1.1 and part of what's causing people's battery life to worse under this update. Some iPhones are "playing" nothing. :)

4. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

Nah. This happened for me in the previous firmware as well.

Even when no music is playing, and you lock the phone, the song title of whatever was played last sometimes displays on the screen.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I hope this is on Apple's minds now because this bug freaks me out whenever my phone is on vibrate mode I feel as if songs are going to play suddenly on my speaker.

6. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I thought I'd was just me. I saw that blue triangle on one day and didn't know what it was. I thoguut it looked like a Play icon, bit since nothing was actually playing I was confused. Later that day I turned on my phone and it immediately shut off from a dead battery, which had never happened before. It was fully charged the night before. So yeah, seems like a bug (better than a phone that needs to be returned I guess).