But of course there's more to it than just the bathroom use.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 17, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

We’re seen countless times that LGBT whatever gains traction over “tolerance”, then becomes intolerant, replete with laws written to deliver stiff fines to anyone who doesn’t play along.

So, it’s all about letting sex changed individuals use bathrooms of their choice, is it?

According to the linked article, “Teachers in Charlotte, North Carolina, have been advised to stop calling the children “boys and girls,” according to a training presentation on transgender issues.”

“Instead, the progressives who control Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools want teachers to identify the youngsters as either “students” or “scholars.””

——> More examples of what’s in store for everyone.

Articles reads:

For example, boys who identify as girls would be permitted to participate on overnight all-girl field trips. That’s a rule sure to be a hit among the 13-year-olds.

Another guideline indicates parents could be left out of their child’s gender decision-making. Consider Regulation JICK-R: Privacy Concerns:

“Involvement of parents in the plan is determined in working with the student, considering the student’s age and health, well-being and safety concerns.”

In other words, Jack may be a boy at home, but at school Jack becomes Jill.

“Staff must take care not to ‘out’ a student to others, including the parents of an older student, without the student’s consent,” the presentation stated. “In contacting the parents, use the student’s name/pronoun on birth certificate unless student or parent says otherwise.”

——> More? Oh, there’s more.

Simpler to sum up with this quote: “It’s a radical sexual revolution being forced on our kids,” said Charlotte resident David Benham.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...achers-dont-call-students-boys-and-girls.html

How do you swell the numbers? By making it all appear normal and just another "choice."

_____

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

But of course there's more to it than just the bathroom use.
    ...leveling the playing field? :rolleyes: It might be a good idea to stop addressing students by their gender designation, unless there is a need to separate them on that basis.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The thing is that no matter what rules adults impose, the kids will sort things out for themselves.

4. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

The only thing I don't understand is if a teacher says "boys and girls" even if they have a boy that identifies as a girl or a girl that identifies as a boy they are still including everyone.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm not sure, but as I said, less focus on gender when it comes to their category as students. Historically roles have been established for girls, which no longer apply for the most part. Some people feel that from a learning perspective being categorized as boy or girl is not productive or positive, based on these historical attitudes. It's along the same line if teachers addressed their students as "ok blacks, whites, and browns let's study this". Categorizing like this makes the categories important where from a learning perspective is not really needed is it?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

7. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I can agree with this, but in the end I think we end up getting so concerned about the semantics of it all we forget why the students are in school in the first place.

As a teacher, I do my best to have a gender neutral classroom where all students are welcome and treated the same, but I don't over concern myself with pronouns unless a student or parent asks me. Generally speaking it's pretty easy to tell a kids gender identity if you spend a little time getting to know your students.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's easier to address the groups as "students" than to call out 30 names. :rolleyes:

9. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I read this article and basically vomited up my breakfast. Is this REALLY what its coming too? Soon there wont be men or women. Just Homo Sapiens or whatever.

Un. Effing Believable. The LBGT mafia is in full force. Wonderful.

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I think this is ridiculous frankly. This is truly getting absurd. If you're a boy, girl, transboy, or transgirl saying "good morning boys and girls" encompasses 99,999999% of children regardless of their sex or gender identify.

Everyone needs to just stop needing so much attention and being so easily offended. In life no matter who you are people will reject you along the way.

I'm cranky today.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

got it, scholars works for me, I don't see the hoopla over saying scholars/students as opposed to boys/girls.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I do think it's wonderful and I hope they continue to make you vomit just a bit.

13. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Ah! But you are forgetting the pansexuals, those that are gender-blind. They have become a "protected" group in Title IX.

14. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Pansexual is along the lines of homo/hetero/bisexual.

Yeah, seriously. How hard is "Hello Students"?

Sigh. Really? LGBT mafia? We literally just got the right to marry last year, and the right to adopt this year.

Also, as an intersex person, explain to me what gender I should be called.

15. Ulenspiegel, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016

Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

'Cuz Mary may consider her(him)self more as Michael, and the latter may consider him(her)self more as Mary. And they could feel aggrieved. :p :D
    (It is getting complicated nowdays).

P.S.: Maybe the teacher can't (doesn't want to) remember their names.

jk, what about calling them scholars and scholarinas?
    --- Post Merged, Aug 17, 2016 ---

May I ask what do you prefer to be called?
    (No offense, seriously interested).

16. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oh god, oh god. We might just have to use people. Or, treat people as individuals. Clutch your pearls. Find the fainting couch. The language police might be coming!

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Why are people afraid of words?

- Frank Zappa, 1986

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

But in order to "win" this concession you have to identify as a boy, and then really you'd have to limit your "flirtations" with lesbians in the group - who unless you are genuine are unlikely to be interested.

Sounds like it is political correctness gone mad.

Same applies if a student has a girlfriend/boyfriend who their parents don't like. e.g. because they are from a different background or religion.
    I'm not sure it matters. "Boys and girls" is pretty inclusive.

19. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yes, this is exactly the issue I would be concerned with while my side of the aisle is in a state of complete chaos.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Which name? The legal name or the new name they choose?
    How about you explain it to us? What is "intersex"? I truly don't understand. Do your chromosomes actually change from XX to XY, thus changing your sex? I don't get it.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why do you have a problem identifying someone as they want to be identified as or calling someone a name they prefer to use? How the **** does it even affect you?

22. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Something about "family values"....

23. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't know why we have to add the diminutive case to a profession that includes men and women.

So, when women are in film, they aren't actresses, they're actors. A female who works for the fire department is a fire fighter. And, a women who studied particle physics is a scientist or researcher.

For my own profession, if you called a female journalists a reportress she'd probably beat you to death with a notebook. It's reporter, editor, producer, photographer. No diminutives. And, it's a pretty easy system.

So, forget "boys and girls" and just say, students. Kids. Scholars.

The right likes this new argument (I'm waiting for the Orwell quote) because they've lost the actual argument regarding discrimination against transgendered students. And, that's good because discrimination is a true problem, while word games from one knock-kneed school administration is not.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think putting these types of choices in the hands of children is absurd and dangerous. They lack the wisdom and knowledge to make such choices.

Also, all I did as ask a simple matter of fact question with no judgements or insinuations at all. So stow the attitude.

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Because from now on I can identify as a woman and get into a gym's locker room. Just because I say it.