But we don't want an iPhone 5S!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Anyone seriously hoping Apple will not release an iPhone 5S with a fingerprint reader, better camera, and faster chip using the same iphone 5 design???

I happen to hate, hate the iPhone 5 design. I find it extremely awkward to hold and the longer 4" is not practical. Why does Apple do this? The 4S was a nice phone, but should have been redesigned and given LTE and HSPA 21. I don't see why its so damn important for all the iCry babies to use their phone with one hand??? I don't see how this is such a selling point!!!???

I will retract my opinion if the iPhone 5S is re-designed, of course, but we all know it won't be. The current iPhone is very hard to manufacture, hence all the quality control problems. I went through at least 20 iphone 5's before calling it quits. All had various problems. Picked up a GSIII last year and absolutely no qc problems, I just didn't like Android.

Many of us will be forced to move to Samsung's Galaxy S4 and Note 3 after the iPhone 5S gets released.

What I don't get is that it will be the most successful iPhone yet, once its released. They will sell millions in the first couple days.

Rant over

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

No - you wont be forced.

Yes - you can CHOOSE to switch!

My rant may not be over.

3. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Who is this mythical "we" you refer to you in your thread title?

Because that's how I like to use my phone. When I want something bigger I move to my tablet or other device. Does that make me a cry baby? Frankly, there aren't a lot of high-power options out there for folks like me who want a thinner, one-handed phone anymore; if the iPhone abandons the model, then I'm going to be pretty unhappy. I guess my unhappiness would make me a crybaby, unlike you of course (!!!???).

If you decide to leave for a ridiculous giant phone that's your choice; no one is forcing you to do anything against your will.

Hmmm...well...maybe, just maybe...stick with me here...not everyone wants a stupid giant phone...? Maybe the millions of people who buy and enjoy their iPhones like the size and therefore Apple is catering to a massive group of consumers with their nicely-sized phones? Nah...that can't be because you said that everyone wants big giant phablets.

4. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Why do so many that post on an iPhone forum hate iPhones?

5. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can buy and use whatever you like.
    You dont have to get an iphone.

7. 617aircav Suspended

8. Radiating macrumors 65816

Yeah I too personally hate the iPhone 5 design what with it's newfangledness. Apple should bring back the original iPod Classic as a phone with a 1.5" screen, plastic shell, LTE, etc. That design was perfect.

9. dvoros macrumors 6502

iPhone 5s

Apple should be plenty scared if any or all of the rumors about Samsungs new phone are true. Five inch screen, faster processor, better memory, better camera. None of these are expected on even the iPhone 6 which is due next Sept. 2014. Think about where Samsung and others will be by then. Shame on you Apple!!!!!!!!!:mad:

10. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I was hoping that Apple would forego the "S" variants in light of the recent heavy competition from the likes of Samsung. It'll probably take a big dip in sales before this happens, however.

I remember, as an iPhone 4 owner, how disappointed I felt when the 4S was announced and thought that very few would buy it. It sold like hotcakes. It'll be interesting to see if this is finally the year where interest wanes.

11. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

The majority duh!

Actually, I will be forced to buy it unless a different iPhone is released along side it. Some of us have invested way too much into iOS. If Samsung phones shipped with iOS then yes, I'd leave in a minute.

12. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

iPhone 5S LOLOLOL the Galaxy S4 is looking to be nice.

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

So the OP is saying that he doesn't want improvements to the phone that is closest to perfection?

14. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Wow I'm shocked!!! Someone with a brain on this forum!!! Glad you see it my way. :D

----------

The OP doesn't think the iPhone 5 is anywhere close to perfection. He thinks it sucks which is why he returned it!!!

15. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I heard these same ridiculous rants last year when the S3 was announced. Apple:

• Should be scared...
    • Will be doomed...
    • Better step up their game...
    • Make a bigger phone...
    • Make something radical...
    • Kick puppies...

If you don't like what they have, move on. There's a bunch of other phones available.

16. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

17. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

The only one of those 4 that won't be on the 5S will be the 5 inch screen. The iPhone is at a point that massive changes aren't needed as much anymore. Software changes yes, hardware not so much.

18. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

19. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

UGH stop telling us to move onto a different phone. Not always an option!!! So just because the phone sucks we're just suppose to give up years invested into iOS?

Hmmm I'll have to try that one day!!!

20. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Just because YOU think the phone sucks, everyone thinks the same way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????

Yelling doesn't make you right. You should try it one day. We'll all be happier for it.

21. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

The phone DOES SUCK!!! It feels like a piece of crap. I will take the iPhone 4S any day over the pathetic 5.

PERIOD. Not yelling at all. Simply stating my opinion. Not my fault you don't like it.

22. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

My 4S doesn't suck at all. That is an opinion. I find it does the job just fine. Apple isn't going to make a 5" phone that shoots fireworks out of it just because .001% want it to. Apple targets the masses, not the small amount of "power" users out there. Just get a different phone if its so bad. I mean if you have a car that you dumped a lot of money into in gas, maintenance, etc. and it barely moves, that doesn't mean that you need to stay with it.

23. Throw Out macrumors regular

I owned a GSIII before the iP5, and I felt that the GSIII was much more comfortable to hold.

But you can't always have everything.

24. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

You have a good point. I wouldn't say "Shame on you Apple" though, they have a different customer. However, I would say that the tech improvements on their phones are lacking.

25. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

That's opinion. Very few share yours...Not yelling? What do you putting a bunch of '!' at the end of sentence means?

Sounds like you're the one who doesn't like what is being said. You've been combative with everyone who disagrees with you.

The one thing I can't argue with you on is the crap part. I've never handled crap, ever. You seem to be the expert on fecal matter, so I'll take your word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.