Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lachero23, May 23, 2015.
Should I buy the 15-inch rMBP now or wait for an external exchange? Any suggestions?
Depends on how much you need it. My old MBP was dying, so I had to buy it now. If you are not in need of one right now, then I would wait. However, the wait is tricky, because even though is becoming clear that a redesign is coming soon, we still don't know how soon. You might have to wait 8 months or 2 years for that matter.
Hard to say.
First, no one here knows when any external changes are likely. Wild guess, at least a year from now? Who knows...
More importantly, would it be good or bad? What if Apple puts the new keyboard in the next major MBP redesign - would you like it hate it? I owned a rMB for two weeks and really came to hate the keyboard. What if Apple changes all the ports to USB-C and you need to buy adapters or replace all of your current external devices? What if they get rid of SD card readers and MagSafe charging connectors?... and so on. TLDR: it depends on how you feel about what might change.
Depends what you're upgrading from and what you're going to be using it for. Honestly, unless you need extra space anyone with a 2012 rMBP 15 or later should wait for the next revision...
Depends on what you use it for.
I have 2012 rMBP and really want to upgrade mainly for the much faster Pcie SSD and longer battery life.
Im waiting until they release a new Macbook Pro.
It should have thicker butterfly keys then the rMB. So it will be more stable like the rMB but have more travel since theres more room and don't have to save space by making it have low travel distance.
More color choices are a given.
everything else is gravy.