Buy 5s or not?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sevier, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sevier macrumors newbie

Hey!

I'm using my 3GS for 4 years. It has not a single scratch since I take care of that phone like its a new one. But it has started to wrong and some issues came. Like the sound quality of the mic and speakers, the screen got some white spots and got some dust under the glass, but these are not my faults since I really take car of this phone (I dropped it like 10 times accidentally in the last 4 years) could buy the 5s now but i'm wondering if I should do that. My plan is to get a phone which will be durable and smooth for the next 4 year again. The question is should I buy it now or wait for the iphone 6? I really dont mind getting a bigger screen as the rumors say I just want a very good, durable and fast phone for common usage. I've read that there are some issues with the 5s like the power button makes some rattling sound, the touch ID is not working properly, random restarts and so on. I know that finding a perfect phone is like impossible but I want a 'perfect' phone because as I said I'm going to use that for the next 4-5 years again.

Thanks in advance

ps. Sorry for my English!

2. Apple Trees macrumors 6502

Go ahead and get the 5S. It is a massive upgrade from the 3GS in pretty much every way imaginable. I have not had any issues with mine and I bought it on launch.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Well, dropping your old phone 10 times is not exactly taking care of it..

But regardless. The 5s is a great phone and would easily last you 4 years. It's definitely worth the upgrade, and if you're not interested in a bigger screen, the 5s is a great device with Touch ID (which works great) and is probably the most future-proof iPhone released yet. The software issues you mention seem to be mostly fixed with 7.1, an update that is still in beta and should be released in the next month or two.

If you get the 5s and notice some issues, you get a 1 year warranty which will cover anything but user-inflicted damage (if you drop the phone, get it wet, etc.).

I'd say go for the 5s now.

4. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

I'd say go for it too. I went from a 4s and it's been a much greater boost than I anticipated.

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

the rattling sound problem is overblown and overrated. There is really no problem at all. the 5S will go a long ways.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

People post on forum sites because they have problems. If you don't buy anything because someone posted about a problem with a product you're considering then you'll never buy anything. I have none of those problems with my 5s. Granted, YMMV. If you need/want the phone now then buy a 5s -- same as any other "should I buy not?" thread.