Buy a black macbook now or wait for the alleged revision?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xTheGoodBoyx, Jul 24, 2008.

1. xTheGoodBoyx macrumors newbie

I would like to buy a black macbook but im not so sure with all the *macrumors* going around that it would be wise. lol. The main reason I would buy one right now is if I knew all that the current black macbook are stable compared to not knowing what "kinks" might be with a new version that could be released soon. Ive been doing alot of research on em and Ive used PC's all my life so im ready for a change...or at least ready for a computer that doesnt die on me each year. Not saying that a macbook cant but from what I've read they are more stable....? Anyway, thanks for any input on this.

Also is it true that the black macbook encourages self-mutilation? lol. jk. but does the case cut your wrists as you type?

2. The Killer Fuzz macrumors member

The Killer Fuzz

ugh...this has been talked about in so other many forums,but to round it up-if you need one now buy it. if you can wait,wait. I just got my macbook pro like 2 weeks ago and i love it. And as for the wrists thing, i doesn't CUT them, but it can make them a little uncomfortable.

3. xTheGoodBoyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks killer fuzz for your input. The main reason I was asking my questions is because I have read alot about macbooks and before I decided to buy one, I wanted to know if people who currently own one are satisfied with the quality of it. I have read alot about how apple has had to work through some quirks such as random shutdowns, discoloration of the palm rest, mooing sound and etc. I would much rather have a stable mac than buying a new revised one that may have many quirks to fix before being "stable". I know this has probably been asked a million times, but, I am new so please bare with me.

4. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I've been very pleased with my MacBook - it's been a great computer

If you're curious about upcoming release dates I usually rely on the Buyer's Guide

5. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I just bought a MacBook yesterday, and I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't even think about the fact that a new one could be coming out in the coming weeks or months. I am very happy with my white MacBook... It's super fast with zero problems. I think you'll be happy with your purchase no matter if you wait for an update or buy the current one. It is possible to be happy either way you know. :) As for the wrist thing, it doesn't bother me just due to the way I type. But, it could be a slight annoyance if you type lazily.

6. Formativeyears macrumors member

I bought a black macbook back in February because my 12" Ibook was on the way out. I considered holding off because all that I've ever wanted was a small, aluminum apple laptop and I didn't want to pay for a macbook pro because it is more than I need. I ended up selling my macbook a few weeks ago primarily for financial reasons but also because I heard about the upcoming revision. I will say that if I had to do it again I would've bought the white macbook and if you are deadset on buying one right now, that is my advice to you. The black one looks good in the photos but once you actually own it, you'll notice right away that it looks dirty and greasy if you even touch it anywhere. The trackpad and keys also suffer from this problem. And yes, the inclusion of those razor sharp edges will forever remain a mystery to me. So, in short: Buy the white one right now or wait a few more weeks for news on the new macbooks (which hopefully will be aluminum). :)