buy a MBA 13" now and resell later to buy rMBP 13"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by happyevil, Jun 25, 2012.

1. happyevil macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm currently interested in buying the MBA 13 (low end model w/ an 8gb) upgrade and possibly with AppleCare. If I do end up purchasing it, I will buy it with an edu discount.

A couple months ago, I was anticipating an rMBP 13" launch but only the 15" was released and rumor has it that the 13" model might be released later this year sometime around September/October (based off one of the articles on the front page).

I went to my local Apple store the other day and wanted to know what the hype was all about with the retina display and wow was it amazing!

My question is, assuming that I keep the MBA 13" (low end w/ 8gb ram) that I purchase in extremely good condition, how much could i probably resell it for within one years worth of use? I was thinking of having the MBA as a temporary laptop until the rMBP 13" comes out. (crossing my fingers for a $1199 price tag on release but probably won't happen since the 15" rMBP is priced higher than the non-retina MBP)

2. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

No one knows what it will be worth for sure.

My question is this: what are you using at the moment? Far better if you can hold off using that until the machine you actually want comes out? There's no guarantee a retina 13" will even be out any time soon....