Hey everyone, Im looking for some advice Im a junior in college majoring in film and media studies, and Im thinking about buying a Mac pro to help with my situation. I do a lot of shooting in DV and even more in HDV. I love editing with FCP and Color, and Im beginning to explore Motion. In addition, I do some photo editing of TIFFs and RAW photo files. Finally, I also have a massive library of music 40,000 songs in mp3, 10,000 in FLAC and also a small collection of video that Ive ripped from DVDs. So the Mac Pro would really help me consolidate all these interests into one place. But the thing is, while I have $4000 now (and I mean now, I can order today if I want), I wont ever again Ill be buying HDV decks, recording equipment, camera lenses, grad school expenses etc. so money will be tight. So I want to time my purchase properly, but I dont know the significance of whats on the horizon. Convenience would dictate that I can get my computer next year (my senior year of college), hell, I can use the schools computers until I graduate. So my question is, if I am patient, and I do wait until May 2010, will the Sandy Bridge upgrade or the Westmere or whatever it is be worth waiting for? Im talking from a professional standpoint here. That is to say, do those new technologies of the next 1.5 years, i.e. 32nm architecture, or whatever it is that is the CPUs new big deal, justify a wait? If its just a 10% performance increase, Ill buy now . But, if its something like 24 cores working in perfect synchrony, some new computing revolution, Ill kind of feel like a doofus for not being patient. What should I do? Thanks for any advice you can offer.