Buy a used iPhone 5S now or wait after the keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Woodcrest64, Sep 5, 2014.

  1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816


    Aug 14, 2006
    Currently I'm using a S2 Skyrocket and I'd like to go back to Apple. I want to buy a used iPhone 5s and was wondering when to do it. My current phone stills works but has some issues of course so I'm getting a little impatient.

    Is it better to buy it now or do you think the price will be much better after the iPhone 6 announcement? Or should I wait until the iPhone 6 is actually released?

    As for a side note, I'm locked into a contract until Dec 2015 so I can't get a iPhone 6 below $400 hence why I'm looking for an iPhone 5s.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Menel macrumors 603


    Aug 4, 2011
    Buy now, nothing major is happening to the iPhone market next Tuesday.
  3. Ann P macrumors 68020

    Jun 29, 2009
    Now is a good time because prices are continuing to drop.
  4. Izauze macrumors 6502

    Oct 13, 2013
    Yes, the prices will be better after. Both for new and used.
  5. reverberlayed macrumors regular

    Sep 5, 2014
  6. youknome macrumors 6502


    Nov 22, 2010
    It'll be even more cost effective for you if you could wait a couple of days.
  7. nostresshere, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

    nostresshere macrumors 68030

    Dec 30, 2010
    And they will drop more next week, yes?

    I am a bit confused... if you are under a contract, how are you planning to get another phone?

    If buying a 5S new... the price variance might be as low as $100 or maybe as high as $300. (compared to IP6)

    Used would of course be way different.
  8. Agent-P macrumors 68030


    Dec 5, 2009
    The Tri-State Area
    For buying a used iPhone 5s I would wait until after the announcement. Once that happens then all the "regular" people will be aware of a new iPhone and they'll be trying to sell their devices too. The market will be flooded with people trying to get rid of their iPhones so you'll get the benefit of both more choices and lower prices (since there's more competition). So ideally if you can wait another few days then that would be the most cost effective option.

    tl;dr buy one after the announcement
  9. taptic macrumors 65816


    Dec 5, 2012
    Not to pirate this thread, but will the iPhone 6 prices be lower when the iPhone 9 comes out? Not sure if I should buy Tuesday, or wait a while...

  10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040


    Jun 27, 2010
    Plano, TX
    OP is looking for a used phone. You can buy a used phone and insert your SIM card without affecting your contract.
  11. Xerotech macrumors 6502

    Jul 22, 2011
    Prices drops significantly after a 'redesign' launch. I'd wait until after the keynote.
  12. 3rdiguy, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

    3rdiguy macrumors 65816


    Sep 17, 2012
    I'm waiting until after announcement. I have a 5 and will get a 5s. Then next year jump to tmobile to get the 6s or whatever it'll be called. I realize that there will be a sufficient amount of cases and battery packs by then.

Share This Page