Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Currently I'm using a S2 Skyrocket and I'd like to go back to Apple. I want to buy a used iPhone 5s and was wondering when to do it. My current phone stills works but has some issues of course so I'm getting a little impatient.

Is it better to buy it now or do you think the price will be much better after the iPhone 6 announcement? Or should I wait until the iPhone 6 is actually released?

As for a side note, I'm locked into a contract until Dec 2015 so I can't get a iPhone 6 below $400 hence why I'm looking for an iPhone 5s.

Thanks in advance!

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Buy now, nothing major is happening to the iPhone market next Tuesday.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
It'll be even more cost effective for you if you could wait a couple of days.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Now is a good time because prices are continuing to drop.

And they will drop more next week, yes?

I am a bit confused... if you are under a contract, how are you planning to get another phone?

If buying a 5S new... the price variance might be as low as $100 or maybe as high as $300. (compared to IP6)

Used would of course be way different.

Last edited:

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
For buying a used iPhone 5s I would wait until after the announcement. Once that happens then all the "regular" people will be aware of a new iPhone and they'll be trying to sell their devices too. The market will be flooded with people trying to get rid of their iPhones so you'll get the benefit of both more choices and lower prices (since there's more competition). So ideally if you can wait another few days then that would be the most cost effective option.

tl;dr buy one after the announcement

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Not to pirate this thread, but will the iPhone 6 prices be lower when the iPhone 9 comes out? Not sure if I should buy Tuesday, or wait a while...

;)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Currently I'm using a S2 Skyrocket and I'd like to go back to Apple. I want to buy a used iPhone 5s and was wondering when to do it. My current phone stills works but has some issues of course so I'm getting a little impatient.

Is it better to buy it now or do you think the price will be much better after the iPhone 6 announcement? Or should I wait until the iPhone 6 is actually released?

As for a side note, I'm locked into a contract until Dec 2015 so I can't get a iPhone 6 below $400 hence why I'm looking for an iPhone 5s.

Thanks in advance!

And they will drop more next week, yes?

I am a bit confused... if you are under a contract, how are you planning to get another phone?

If buying a 5S new... the price variance might be as low as $100 or maybe as high as $300. (compared to IP6)

Used would of course be way different.

OP is looking for a used phone. You can buy a used phone and insert your SIM card without affecting your contract.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Prices drops significantly after a 'redesign' launch. I'd wait until after the keynote.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I'm waiting until after announcement. I have a 5 and will get a 5s. Then next year jump to tmobile to get the 6s or whatever it'll be called. I realize that there will be a sufficient amount of cases and battery packs by then.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.