Buy advice: from 5 16gb to 5C 32 gb ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Max(IT), Sep 18, 2013.

1. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I'm an happy iPhone 5 (16gb white) user, and I'm not sure what to do in the next months ...
    The logical step should be the 5S, but in the meanwhile I start to feel 16 gb a little tight for my needs (I have less than 1,2 gb free on both iPhone and iPad ), and the 5s 32 gb is just too expensive for my bucket here in Italy (just short of 960 $ !!!).
    So I'm considering another opportunity: to sell my current iPhone 5 and buy an iPhone 5c 32 gb (I need to pay the difference but I can afford that).

Do you think it could be a good idea ? I know there are a little differences between 5 and 5c, but the 5s is just too expensive for me ....

I don't know .....

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Just hold on to the iPhone 5 till the 6? I don't see the point of going from 5 to 5c unless you have commitment issues like me :p

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Why change. If money is short keep what you got. Do not get caught up in the upgrade mess.

Wait till the 6 next year.

Upgrade to the new OS7 and be happy.

4. Max(IT) thread starter Suspended

Max(IT)

To wait for the 6 next year could be an option, but I think you miss the point of my post: 16 Gb vs 32 Gb.

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Sure, if the change in design aesthetics don't bother you, I say go for it.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd hold off, you're not really getting much for your money.

As for the 16gb vs. 32gb. Adjust your usage patterns, either remove some large apps, photos or music. I'm sure you can make it work until the iPhone 6.

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I'd first take a look at what is taking up my storage.

Many people never erase their photo library after backing up on their computers.

I'd check where my storage is going first then make a decision.

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Yup +1.
    I realised this few months back when i saw the usage statistics and the photo library made up for over 4gb of the disk space.

9. Max(IT) thread starter Suspended

Max(IT)

Photo library isn't my problem ...
    I must have two offline navigator software installed (Europe and North America) and it's an huge amount of space .... :(

10. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I think you've convinced yourself that you NEED it already.

I say stick with 16gb if money is tight. Not worth the side-grade, even if it's for extra storage. If money wasn't an object I'd say get the 5S, if you own the 5 there is nearly 0 reason to get a 5C unless you really like pastel colors... or look into getting a used iPhone 5 32gb. Might find one cheaper than the 5C right now.