Buy full price Verizon iPhone 7 plus!! Will it work with other carrier sims?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nutut, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Nutut macrumors newbie

if I buy Verizon iPhone 7 plus full price can I pop my att sim in? Will it work? I don't have Verizon acc? Do I need to go through activatation? Any1 did that? Or have any idea?

2. southflguy macrumors regular

Verizon iPhone will work with all carriers. Not sure about whether you need an account to buy one. This year apple did something different and asked for account info even if you're buying it outright.

3. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

4. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Yes it will. I know you can buy it full retail at Best Buy without a contract (alot of BBY stores price match with Apple btw)

5. Nutut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you ...

6. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

Mine is a Verizon 7 Plus 256GB working perfectly fine on T-Mobile. I had 0 issues buying it at the Apple Store without a Verizon account.

When you plug it into your computer and open iTunes you'll get the "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked." screen which is also nice.

7. Nutut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you ... I'm having att 7 plus phone atm. Thinking about exchange to Verizon one if I could cuz I bought full price it would be nice that I can have a phone that works with all networks

8. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

If you can find the Verizon model you want I think that would be a good idea.

9. ssdaytona macrumors member

really? bestbuy unactivated price is $869 whereas apple.com is $769. So, buy from bestbuy and the call to request a price match?

10. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

BBY's full retail iPhones are 50.00 more than Apple's. And yes BBY price matches with Apple

11. ISO50 macrumors member

I had the same question myself, couldn't purchase it directly from Apple.com without a Verizon or Sprint account, but I was able to walk into my local Apple Store and buy one without any questions.