Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexpaok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Hi, i want a new iPad, but the problem is that I really don't like iOS 7/8 and I prefer iOS 6 style. Now to the question, where can I find an iPad 4 that has iOS 6 installed? Does refurbished products come with the first iOS they had when they were released? or will I have to look on ebay/amazon? Any other sites? I live in Sweden

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Hi, i want a new iPad, but the problem is that I really don't like iOS 7/8 and I prefer iOS 6 style. Now to the question, where can I find an iPad 4 that has iOS 6 installed? Does refurbished products come with the first iOS they had when they were released? or will I have to look on ebay/amazon? Any other sites? I live in Sweden

If you buy in store, look at the boxes iPad come with.

Sealed/Unopened iPad that come with iOS 6 will have iOS 6 screenshot in front of the box.

logicstudiouser

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2010
@Alexpaok @vista980622
Ya, if a 4th gen iPad is sealed, it should have iOS 6 installed. The real challenge is figuring out if it has the latest version of iOS 6 on it (6.1.3) if you are really picky about that. If you are, you will be taking a gamble on a new one. Try a search on ebay 'ipad 4 6.1.3' and subscribe to those keyword in the ipads and tablets category.

vista980622

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
@Alexpaok @vista980622
Ya, if a 4th gen iPad is sealed, it should have iOS 6 installed. The real challenge is figuring out if it has the latest version of iOS 6 on it (6.1.3) if you are really picky about that. If you are, you will be taking a gamble on a new one. Try a search on ebay 'ipad 4 6.1.3' and subscribe to those keyword in the ipads and tablets category.

You can try to look for patterns in serial number to determine production week. If produced between April and August, it should come with the latest available version of iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.