buy iphone 4 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jacobss, Apr 5, 2012.

1. jacobss macrumors 6502

i dont want the 4s because its more expensive and i dont really need the new features, and about iphone 5 i wouldnt be able to afford it either. so is it safe to get the iphone 4 now? I have the ipod touch 4G and want to sell it to get money for an iphone 4. good idea?

2. AndroidTriumph macrumors newbie

What is an iPod Touch 4G?

3. k3roro macrumors 6502

I think it's the iPod Touch, 4th Generation.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Only you can really decide. When the next gen iPhone comes out, I think it's likely that the iPhone 4 will replace the 3GS (so it will be $.99) and the 4S will replace the 4 at the $99 price point. Is it a good idea to get the 4 now? I don't know. Is it a good idea to you?

5. AndroidTriumph macrumors newbie

Got it...

To answer the original question, if and when the new iPhone comes out in 2012, it will probably reduce the demand for the iPhone 4 and thus the prices on eBay an CL will start to come down considerably. Also, Apple will most likely also reduce its prices on the older iPhone 4 when a new device is released.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm always confused about these type of threads...a good idea for who? I think it's pretty excessive and ill advised to buy a $400 phone every year, but that's just me. I have also been content using my iPhone 2G as a backup when not using my 4. If the tech works for you and you're happy with it, buy it. If you need to have the latest and greatest all the time, wait. No one here know your tastes, financial situation or how you use tech.

7. MonkeyAstro macrumors newbie

MonkeyAstro