Buy iPhone 5 without contract with Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anderse, Sep 22, 2012.

1. anderse macrumors newbie

I have no social security number and want to buy iPhone 5
    I talked with Verizon on the phone and they said I can buy the iPhone 5 against a security deposit of $ 400 and it will cost me a total of $ 719 to buy the phone at the 2 year contract.

Is it possible for me to do this, to then just bring your phone to europe and use it there without paying the monthly fee? Or will the phone be blocked for service or will I be sued for breach of contract?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/21/verizon-iphone-5-confirmed-to-be-unlocked-on-gsm-3g-networks/

If you're paying full price you're not subject to contract so your part of your question makes no sense. Use on other carriers has nothing to do with your contract. Contract is on service, not the device.

You're not taking my phone to Europe. :D

3. anderse thread starter macrumors newbie

Im talking about buying the iPhone WITH contract, and I´m planning to not pay the invoices, and I´m asking if that will have any consequenses since I dont live in the country, and eighter have a SSN.

And Im not gonna take your phone to Europe ;)

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

It would be much easier to just purchase from an Apple retail store. Just purchase a Verizon "Device Only". No SSN, no contract and the price is the same.

Then you can take your iPhone 5 to Europe. However you will not be able to use it on a CDMA network and it might not support the LTE network in the contry of your choice. However it will have GSM/HPSA+ coverage Worldwide.

Dave