buy iphone5 now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by L7D, Mar 9, 2013.

1. L7D macrumors newbie

hello everyone,
    Im planning to get a new phone
    I was thinking about getting the iphone 5, but i dont know should i buy it now? Or its too late?
    I dont know if i buy it know or to wait for the 5s?
    Also i heard that samsung is going to reveal the galaxy s4 next week, im using t-mobile and they dont have the iphone 5 yet!!

Any advice?

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

We're you planning to stay with tmobile if you bought the iphone 5 or 5s? I mean, if they don't have 5?

It's up to you which phone do you want more? Do you like the current iPhone 5 but can hold out for a better version of it? Then wait for 5s. If you can't wait for either 5 or the new galaxy go for the current 5..

So many things to considered...which phone do you like more by looks, features, and how patient you are to get either.

3. L7D thread starter macrumors newbie

At first, i was planning to get the iphone 5, but i think it is too late to have it now since tmobile did not offer it yet. The galaxy s4 will be shown in 3 days. I think it is better if i wait for the galaxy since it will be released in a month. I dont know whether to buy the iphone 5 or wait!
    Sometimes i think if the best thing is to wait for the new galaxy because the release date is sooner than the iphone 5s. Plus im afraid that im going to regret when i see the iphone 5s while having the iphone 5!
    Im really confused :confused:

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Why would it be too late? All you have to do is buy one off contract like a Verizon iPhone 5 or AT&T iPhone 5, the Verizon one will automatically be unlocked. Pop in a nano sim from T-Mobile and you're on your way. It's never too late to buy a iPhone 5.. at least I don't think so, and to be honest, the iPhone 5s won't be anything special. Just look at how they 'upgraded' the iPhone 4s from the 4.. all that was missing was Siri and a better camera.

5. irDigital0l Guest

T-Mobile doesn't even have the iPhone 5.

By the time they do, the iPhone 5S probably will have already come out and the iPhone 5 would get a price drop.

I'd say wait.

Wait for Galaxy S4, wait for iPhone 5, wait for price drop for iPhone 5.

It won't hurt to wait.

6. Gala macrumors regular

wait until the new models are released. It's a win/win. You get to see if Tmobile gets the iPhone and whenever new models are released you can usually always find the previous model at a lower price than before.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

8. allthatjazz macrumors regular

at least look at when the thread started before reviving it. 5+ months ago.

9. heutusops macrumors regular

if you wanna save money go for the iphone 5, there no BIG things in the 5s. an btw, iphone5 will be discontinued after the release of the iphone 5c, so you might wanna hurry.

10. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

I would wait till the new one comes out you should see price drops for the old model if its not discontinued.

11. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Yeah I should have done this. Sorry guys