Buy new PAGES for iPad or what I have now on Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SR45, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Already have Pages on my Mac, but if I am not mistaken, do I have to purchase the iPad version ? I'm not clear on this one.

Thank you

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Yes, you have to purchase on your iPad, but you'll also be able to use it on your iPhone.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Pages for the iPad and Pages for Mac are both excellent, but are different. I have them on my Macs and my phone...Will be on my new iPad when it arrives tomorrow.

I find it's pretty hard to use seriously on my phone, I just tend to copy stuff from emails like invoices or order confirmations if I get them when I'm out.

On my ipad2, it was great...very useable WP DTP package. The Mac version is much more of a MS Word competitor though..I have both...Office for Mac was a must...Wish I didn't have to have it, but I prefer Pages "No nonsense" look and feel.

Can't remember what I paid for the iPad version...I think it was around £12 so probably about $10 since we always pay double in the UK:mad: It's worth the money though.

4. SR45 thread starter macrumors 65832

SR45

Many thanks guys. Thought so, but was trying to avoid another $9.99. Not much for the Retina version.....;)