Buy Now Avoid Tariffs????

rugmankc

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
I wasn't going to rush into buying the S4. Maybe look at it in the store. Plus, I have a 230.00 Best Buy Gift Card and 300.00 Visa Card coming from Verizon. But, not until mid October on the Visa Card.

Have not kept up on finance news for a long time. But, started thinking about the tariffs and saw an article dated the 15th on Trump proposing 200 billion on imports. Don't know if that would include Apple.

What do you more financially informed guys think on purchasing now. I don't need the Visa Card to purchase. Or, even the BB Card. Just that I don't buy much from them anymore. But, would like very much to use them.

Once ordered, would they change the price if the tariffs go into effect. I know most companies don't charge your card until shipping nears. Not sure if BB or Apple will get it to me faster at this point.

Thanks

Deguello

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I don’t think there’s enough certainty on any of that to make any decisions based on the possibility.

If you want to see the watch in person first, I’d see the watch in person first.

Reactions: rugmankc

rugmankc

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Went ahead and ordered from Apple

Will spend the BB card on printer cartridges as needed.

ckorhonen

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2008
NYC
Have not kept up on finance news for a long time. But, started thinking about the tariffs and saw an article dated the 15th on Trump proposing 200 billion on imports. Don't know if that would include Apple.
I believe the tariffs would impact some Apple products, including the Watch but not iPhone.

Perhaps Apple is already accounting for this with the higher pricing over the Series 3?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.