Buy now Ivy Bridge (non retina) MacBook Pro or wait for Haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by balintalovits, Jul 22, 2013.

1. balintalovits macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm about buying a 15" MacBook Pro (non retina) with HiRes AntiGlare option.

Since it has not been updated more than a year now, it might mean 2 things. They wont update it since Apple wants to push the costumers to buy the Retina ones and this is the last model with Ivy Bridge before discontinuing or they still keep it in the product line, but update later.

What do you think? Should I buy the Ivy Bridge or should I wait? Is the power saving at Haswell really that better in 4 cores too?

thx

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I'd buy a refurb to save money. Just resell it upon Haswell release if apple releases cMBP with Haswell.

3. dazlicous, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

cMBP might not even get Haswell. But if you can wait you might as well wait and if they discontinue it there always the refurb store

4. scbond macrumors 6502

An update for the cMBP models is unlikely so may as well buy now. That said, I think Apple discontinuing the cMBP anytime soon is unlikely so may not hurt to wait as they aren't going anywhere. Probably be produced and sold until the rMBP update next year (one after next).

5. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

I agree with this.

6. balintalovits thread starter macrumors newbie

thx!

7. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Not a problem! Good luck