Buy now Ivy Bridge (non retina) MacBook Pro or wait for Haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by balintalovits, Jul 22, 2013.

  1. balintalovits macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2013
    #1
    Hi,

    I'm about buying a 15" MacBook Pro (non retina) with HiRes AntiGlare option.

    Since it has not been updated more than a year now, it might mean 2 things. They wont update it since Apple wants to push the costumers to buy the Retina ones and this is the last model with Ivy Bridge before discontinuing or they still keep it in the product line, but update later.

    What do you think? Should I buy the Ivy Bridge or should I wait? Is the power saving at Haswell really that better in 4 cores too?

    thx
     
  2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

    Orlandoech

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Salt Lake City, UT
    #2
    I'd buy a refurb to save money. Just resell it upon Haswell release if apple releases cMBP with Haswell.
     
  3. dazlicous, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

    dazlicous macrumors 6502a

    dazlicous

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2011
    Location:
    Manchester
    #3
    cMBP might not even get Haswell. But if you can wait you might as well wait and if they discontinue it there always the refurb store
     
  4. scbond macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2010
    Location:
    Nottingham, UK
    #4
    An update for the cMBP models is unlikely so may as well buy now. That said, I think Apple discontinuing the cMBP anytime soon is unlikely so may not hurt to wait as they aren't going anywhere. Probably be produced and sold until the rMBP update next year (one after next).
     
  5. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2013
    #5
    I agree with this.
     
  6. balintalovits thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2013
    #6
    thx!
     
  7. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2013
    #7
    Not a problem! Good luck
     

Share This Page