Buy Online and then Trade-In at the Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robjulo, Oct 4, 2013.

1. robjulo macrumors 6502a

I have a 4S. I am going to purchase the 5S and either have it shipped directly to me or keep checking to see when the local Apple store has it in stock, buy it online and then pick it up.

Can I still trade the 4S in to Apple store in either scenario.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Of course you can, you just won't be able to apply the gift card towards your purchase after the fact without returning the device and repurchasing it.

Also, note that Apple's online recycle program is much different than their in store one and it gives a much higher value!

3. dave420 macrumors 65816

That's the opposite of what I've read here previosuly. Another poster said the gift cards could only be used for the purchase of a new phone immediately. I don't know any details myself, just going by what I've read here.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

That makes no sense.. If you're within your 14 days what's stopping you from returning the device and buying another using the gift card?

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

That's an option if the store has stock. That might not be the case right now. And if the store has stock, why not just go there in the first place?
    You said the gift cards could be used other places, but I've read other posts that say they can only be used immediately for a new phone. I'm sure more people will chime in with their experiences so that we can know for sure. :)