Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Skydiver32, May 26, 2009.

1. Skydiver32 macrumors member

"Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle" as per Buyer's guide.

What's up with that? Just the expected bumps at wwdc?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

WHAT expected bumps? I don't see anything happening until November. The Buyer's Guide is a good guideline, but is not law.

3. secondfox macrumors member

secondfox

But I thought they were going to introduce the see-through model at the developer's conference. :confused:

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Well, the Macbooks just got bumped ;)
    Seeing as they're on a 6 or so month cycle, it's not too much to presume around . soon after WWDC.

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The guide doesn't take account of the fact that the MBPs were slightly refreshed in January i think when the 17MBP was released

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Consider the fact that the graph on the left of the Macbook and Macbook Pro guide shows that the top one is very close to getting to the length of the longest one. It seems very likely to me they will be updated fairly soon.

7. youssefm macrumors 6502

I think they'll get minor spec updates before july.. probably due to the fact they just updated the white macbook, maybe the update will come with the name rebranding.. idk

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Small spec bumps in the Spring are pretty normal, but Apple also seems to be changing their product cycles around. I wouldn't expect any big changes until October, and I wouldn't expect any spec bumps at this point to be a direct part of WWDC, maybe something around that timeframe but WWDC itself will be focused on SL and iPhone 3.0, and maybe the 2009 iPhone.

It does seem likely that the 2.0Ghz Aluminum will get a processor bump, doesn't seem right for the White model to have a newer faster processor revision for very long. I would see that as the biggest reason to wait a bit.