Buy or wait tomorrow? yellow spots, bad proximity sensor, and antenna/signal problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jun 23, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

OK so three major issues are being reported.
    1) some screens have yellow spots
    2) many people arereporting malfunctioning prox sensors so when speaking on the phone, the cheek is hitting all sorts of buttons. This may be a hardware issue related to a bad location of where the sensor is located.
    3) Antenna/signal strength issue which is being debated as hardware AND/OR software now

That being said, what is Apple going to do if a phone you pick up tomorrow has all these problems? Just return and replace with a new one? Or hassles?

Is it better to wait or just pick one up with problems, and assume Apple will "make it right" later on as they fix the hardware/software issues.

Any chance hardware issues are not fixable? Could they have not tested this thing for the problems above?

2. Sinfire macrumors regular

I would say buy the phone now that you have the chance. For all you know, all these issue may be fixed by a software upgrade that can come out any day now.

Worse case, would mean bringing the phone to an Apple store and having it swapped out. In my experience with Apple genius bar support, they have been great. They have replaced my iphone before with no hassles or questions.

3. Gagoots macrumors regular

This launch is the biggest screw up I've ever seen.

And not just because I'm not on Best BUy's first shipment...

;)