Buy T-Mobile, Sprint or AT&T iPhone 6 at launch to use on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan91, Sep 9, 2014.

1. AppleFan91, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014

AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

So I have a question. I am wanting to preorder the iPhone 6 Plus and pay full retail for it. I am a VZW customer but for a certain specific reason, I CANNOT buy a VZW iPhone 6 Plus. Could I buy like the T-Mobile version full price and pop my VZW SIM card in and it work?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!!!

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not looking to buy an "unlocked" iPhone. Just a full priced iPhone from either ATT, Sprint or T-Mobile that will work on VZW.

2. lambo macrumors regular

tmobile and att iphone isnt cdma compatible (which is verizon) and sprint uses a different band

3. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Verizon will only activate the Verizon iPhone. You'll have to go into an Apple or Verizon store or the Verizon website to get one full price.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You can forget about a Sprint iPhone! Sprint pairs the SIM card of their phones. The ID on the SIM card and the MEID of the phone must match in order for the phone to function.

Sprint will never unlock one of it's phones for domestic use. They will do it for international use, but you have to be a customer for 90 days and pay your bill on time.

The new unlock laws notwithstanding, Sprint will still not unlock for domestic use. They updated their unlock policy webpage to blame it all on the device manufacturers in July. After January 2015 it will be a different story, but until them consider an unlocked Sprint iPhone to be as real as a unicorn.

Sorry, a Sprint iPhone or any Sprint phone purchased at full price is simply contract free.