Buy unibody macbook 13.3" airport card.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by naf, Jul 23, 2009.

1. naf macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I'm repairing my unibody macbook 13.3 inch late 2008 model. I spilled champagne over it, and it didn't respond no more. I've cleaned the logic board, replaced the magsafe, checked the HD, SD and RAM and now it's possible to start the macbook again. There still are some problems. I don't have wifi any longer, because my macbook does not recognise the airport card (it's probably fried). Since my display, bluetooth and isight are working perfectly, I'd rather not replace the whole display. So is it possible to buy and airport card to replace the broken one? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanking everyone in advance,

naf

2. celticpride678

I don't think so. If I were you, buy a third party Network Adapter and use it. Much easier and probably less expensive than the Airport Extreme Network Adapter.

3. naf thread starter macrumors newbie

Any recommendation?

Other question, my keyboard ain't working too (some keys do, some keys don't). I don't think it's a logic board problem, because if I plug in an external usb keyboard, then it's fully fuctional. If I replace the keyboard, do you guys think it will work again?
    Last problem is my battery is not charging anymore. I don't think the battery's broken. Can it be the battery connector that's fried?
    Thanks!

4. naf thread starter macrumors newbie

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That's what the AirPort looks like. It's really small (though the pictures are a bit misleading). I thought the AirPort card is placed where the Bluetooth module is - where the black plastic/hinge is.

6. naf thread starter macrumors newbie