Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spercharged69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2003
New York, NY
I was lured in by http://www.h-m-audio.com because of their promises of quick, free shipping, and lower prices than most other place... But I have NEVER been given suck a run around regarding ANY kind of information about my order. The only way to contact someone is through their "Live Help" link, which is one of those stupid java chat rooms, where you talk to someone who not only knows nothing about their products, but also, apparently has no access to order history, or shipping information.

Of course they accepted my order, and charged my credit card instantly... but I have NEVER had such difficulty attaining a tracking number, or any kind of proof that my $200 keyboard shipped! (It's kind of difficult for me to recieve packages, so I have to plan ahead to make sure I am home or someone is watching for the UPS/Fedex guy to come, so having a tracking number and an arrival date is very important to me.)

Anyone else had any problems with these guys?

I probably should have thought twice about ordering when I asked if they carried any sustain pedals for m-audio keyboards and the guy is like "What kind of pedal?" :eek:

...Bleh, I just want to rock out in Garage Band, is that so wrong?

spercharged69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2003
New York, NY
Ugh, so it's Wednesday, the day the tracking system was supposedly going to be 'back online.'

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'eric'
eric: Hello
eric: How may I assist you
you: Hello Eric, do you have any idea when one of your customer service reps are going to call me back? It's been about 2 hours and I have things to attend to this afternoon. (This is Eli Hodapp, by the way.)
eric: Call backs are placed on the order in which they came in
eric: you may provide a cell phone or alternate number
eric: if you will not be at the number you provided
you: Why is it that you can't give me any kind of tracking information, or proof that my order was shipped? This whole situation is starting to seem very fishy.
eric: We take in a lot of orders and our chat support is only for online sales
eric: The best way to get tracking is by email or through a sales representative
eric: We always have someone on support, we answer all emails and are easy to contact
you: I don't see a single link, email address, or phone number on your entire site to contact anyone but you...?
eric: A sales rep will be in touch with you shortly
you: *sigh* OK I guess, thank you for your time.

I have never recieved such a runaround from ANYWHERE or ANYONE before. If someone from this place doesn't call me today I'm calling my CC company. :(

BillyMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2004
Fort Worth
io_burn said:
I have never recieved such a runaround from ANYWHERE or ANYONE before. If someone from this place doesn't call me today I'm calling my CC company. :(

:eek:

So how did it turn out...

I ordered yesterday before I realized that there was no real contact information on the site.

Did you get your keyboard? If you didn't, I'm calling my credit card company immediately and ordering with another company. :mad:

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
LOOKS SHADY....

i've seen sites like this in the past that claim to offer discounts on a specific brand only and they all seem to be sketchy like this one. here is the information for the whoever actually owns the site, maybe it will help if trouble arises.

Attachments

• whois.jpg
    whois.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 133
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.