Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
If you have buyer's remorse, for any reason, post here! It could be just getting the Iphone 5, or the size, color or carrier, or anything else!

I switched from AT&T to Verizon, got Black 32GB. Now wondering if I should have gotten White, and/or a higher capacity.

Also, was on phone this morning on my ATT Iphone 4, and had the person on speaker while I checked something online. Not possible without wifi on Verizon!

Plus losing my unlimited data! Which I hate to do, but Verizon has LTE where I am, AT&T doesn't and can't tell me when, and they throttle me anyway when I reach 3GB

:cool::eek::D:apple:

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
I didn't order because of pre buyers remorse. Kept thinking in previous days how I would rather wait till my birthday in december to make the purchase something special this year :).

iOS6 on my iphone for will pacify me until then :p

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
No remorse here. I'm just wishing I had added a lighting to usb cable to my order.

My only qualm was black vs. white. I've never liked the white phones before, but the white 5 is completely awesome. However, I decided to stay with black anyway. It's beautiful and I know eventually the white would bother me.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I switched from AT&T to Verizon, got Black 32GB. Now wondering if I should have gotten White, and/or a higher capacity.

I was worried about this as well, since I cannot tell which will look better with the two tone back (and I do not prefer to use a case)

I spoke to an Apple Chat representative though... We will have 30 days from the 21st to switch color/size capacity or return the phone with no restocking fees.

basketball762

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2009
I was worried about this as well, since I cannot tell which will look better with the two tone back (and I do not prefer to use a case)

I spoke to an Apple Chat representative though... We will have 30 days from the 21st to switch color/size capacity or return the phone with no restocking fees.

Woot...I thought it was 14 days but 30 days is even better!!

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
The thought of jumping to another carrier paying over $1000+ over the course of two years because of the "Mobile Share" plans are just scary enough.

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
I have SERIOUS buyers remorse this morning. I paid full price and have never spent that much on a phone. We aren't broke, but the money could have been saved, so I feel a little guilty for that. I'll get over it once I get it, I think. I considered cancelling and getting a 4s, but I knew id regret it. Plus, the 4s is 100 less than the 5 full price I think. Might as well keep the 5.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
No regrets at all. Trading in my 16GB 4S covers most of my 32GB 5, and I will still be up for an upgrade before the next iPhone comes out. iOS 6 is a little underwhelming, but the new phone is beautiful and there really is no competition as far as I'm concerned.

shawnwich

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2007
Houston, TX
I originally ordered the white but had INSTANT REMORSE so I went in, cancelled it and ordered the black.

ITS JUST TOO SLEEK AND STEALTHY.

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
If you have buyer's remorse, for any reason, post here! It could be just getting the Iphone 5, or the size, color or carrier, or anything else!

Also, was on phone this morning on my ATT Iphone 4, and had the person on speaker while I checked something online. Not possible without wifi on Verizon!

Plus losing my unlimited data! Which I hate to do, but Verizon has LTE where I am, AT&T doesn't and can't tell me when, and they throttle me anyway when I reach 3GB

I've always gotten black iPhones. White is too white, or I don't know, I just like the black ones better. 32GB is plenty enough IMO. If you had the money and you were going to add lots of movies or songs, then maybe 64 GB would have been better. Took me about 2 years to fill my 16GB iPhone though.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Buyers remorse??? ITS BEEN 8 FREAKING HOURS! YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE THING IN YOUR HAND YET.

Yes, because although I don't have it in my hand I already made my choices and input my card and it's been charged, at that point I became a buyer.

And although most of us can still cancel, it has signifigant inconvenience associated with it, being pushed to the back of the queue which I believe is now 2 weeks at this point.

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
Yes, because although I don't have it in my hand I already made my choices and input my card and it's been charged, at that point I became a buyer.

And although most of us can still cancel, it has signifigant inconvenience associated with it, being pushed to the back of the queue which I believe is now 2 weeks at this point.

Dude be patient, this is the largest product launch in the history of mankind. Except MAYBE the ford pinto....

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I preordered before I saw a price. It is 100€ more for 16GB than what I paid for iPhone 4 with 32GB.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008

it's actually 5gb with the LTE plans, so though it stinks that it's not truly "unlimited", at least its like getting the 5gb plan for $20 less.

Should have stuck with AT&T imo. The LTE rollout is gonna happen really fast once they have millions of customers on LTE phones. You can't miss the LTE speeds if you've never experienced them before.

ucantgetridofme

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
I have SERIOUS buyers remorse this morning. I paid full price and have never spent that much on a phone. We aren't broke, but the money could have been saved, so I feel a little guilty for that. I'll get over it once I get it, I think. I considered cancelling and getting a 4s, but I knew id regret it. Plus, the 4s is 100 less than the 5 full price I think. Might as well keep the 5.

You'll feel worse when you get the phone and realise you just blew a wad of money to replace something that worked just as good as the new one. But you made Apple richer which is the important thing. Now bend over again and pay Apple a ridiculous amount for some adapters for your slightly updated Jesus phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.