Buying a 5s on Apple Store App - Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bkribbs, Sep 18, 2013.

1. bkribbs, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

bkribbs macrumors 65816

So I am going to have my friends iPad mini set up tomorrow evening for my iPhone 5s purchase.

I had heard something about the app auto updating?

Right now I can check upgrade eligibility and it shows the three models and their pricing, and the "Buy" button for the 5s is faded out.

Will this automatically become solid and clickable once its 3am or do I need to refresh it?

Or if I go straight to the iPhone 5s page where I select the device then where I would hit continue, and theres just no button, will it appear?

The first option would be preferable as I would have already gotten through verizon, but I need to know either way. Thanks!

2. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

3. JayTay macrumors member

JayTay

4. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

Well people have used the app before, I would think people would know!

5. JayTay macrumors member

JayTay

Apple have never done a release like this though, pre-orders were available for the 4S and the 5.

6. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Don't rely on the "Buy" button automatically changing. The difference of 0.5 seconds of you accessing the page again won't change your delivery time any.

Good luck!

7. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I would say to refresh it at 3 AM EST, or whatever your relative time zone is. It *should* be available for purchase at that time.

The Apple Store App has always been a lot quicker, and far more reliable than the website in the past when it came to pre-ordering the iPhone while everyone else was hammering the system.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

I don't see where it matters either way.

At 12:01am PDT, the button isn't active in the app, are you NOT going to refresh it to see if it becomes active?

9. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

My logic is that if it does auto refresh for sure, I could do the eligibility check which even yesterday took a solid 30 seconds ahead of time, before the servers are being attacked.

10. smizzle macrumors regular

smizzle

Does anyone know if you can order multiple phones through the app? When I was checking the app last night, it was giving me the option to "replace" my current phone which is tied to my Apple ID.

I'm asking because I was planning on also ordering a phone for my dad who is on the same Verizon account, but his phone is obviously connected to his own Apple ID.

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

Nobody here can answer that with anything but a guess. As stated before, this launch is different from the prior two. Couple that with the various updates to the Apple Store app and it answer is essentially unknowable outside of Apple.

12. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm planning on it, in two separate orders.

If you go through the process, you enter the phone number that you want to upgrade so it should work.